Theater Hotel
Hotel Hyllit(Antwerp)
  • Pool
Hotel Julien(Antwerp)
  • Room Service
All reviewstrouser pressrubens houseminimal lightingnice hotelcity attractionspopular hotelsaturday and sundayfourth floorvaried breakfastwithin walking distanceexcellent locationmini barcentral locationrooms are spaciousdirect accesswould definitely stay here againeuropean hotels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I was staying here for two weeks during business. Now the location is great (unless you have to work on the weekends then parking is bad but I’ll get to that later) The rooms are a little dated and the room I was in had 2 singles put together to make a larger bed. The only real problem with that is they used two single comforters to cover the beds. Now I will admit I woke up some nights with my elbow stuck between the beds but I could live with that part. The shower is a totally different issue. The shower head is on the long wall making the showering area extremely small. Now I will say they did have lots of hot water. Now on to the menu. While everything I ate was very good and the portions were also good the cost was a little high even for this area. I ate a hamburger and a drink my bill was around 22.00 it was good but not 22.00 good. Another thing is it was really cold when we got here so the heater was working great. Well later in the week it started to warm up and I tried the A/C only to find out it wasn’t on. I went to the front desk and I was told the whole hotel either had heat or A/C not both at the same time and it was on heat. So the room was extremely hot some days. Or now for the parking. You need to park in the parking garage and that’s great as there is a door from the parking garage to the hotel. The problem I have is you need to pay for parking. I would have been ok if there was an option to put it on the room but even with the discount the hotel gives you on parking you still need to pay 13.50 a day. But here is the kicker if you stay on the weekend the parking garage closes so the farmers market can set up on the street. If your car is still in the parking garage its stuck there until later that afternoon. You must park your car across the road and pay even more if you want to be able to get your car out any time. So the big question would I stay here again???? Yes I would even with all the little things wrong with this Hotel the staff goings out of their way to help you in any way they can. So yes I would stay here again if the opportunity ever presents its self again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We plan to stay in this hotel for the last day of our vacation, but unfortunately we think we choose a really wrong choice.

I booked this hotel almost 2 months in advance. We arrived at 4.10 pm. We hope that we can check-in and relax a bit from our long journey, but a woman at the reception said our room is not ready yet and we need to wait for 30 mins at least. Only one reason from the woman is "we are so busy". Furthermore, the woman talk to her colleague in dutch about our situation she said it is normal cannot do anything. Then, she said you can take your room key for now, but you cannot come in rightnow, because we are cleaning the room. I think she want to get on my nerves or not, but it make me feel really bad and it is not fun at all. Afterthat, there are two customer come to check-in, they can check-in with no problem. Why????? Do i sleep here for free???

In my opinion, it is really unprofessional work. They really don't care what we feel. There are more than 1000 words can make me feel better than "you room is not ready and we are busy". My recommendation is "Please hire someone who are professional and have service mind".

NB. You need the price list for the mini bar. And there is no bottle of water is the room.

2/01/2018

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jakkrid C
Reviewed 19 October 2017

As said before, it is a bit dated and therefore a bit overpriced (the shower i. e. is not leakproof) but the location is unbeatable and the staff friendly (and cleaning is extremely quick). At weekends the restaurant gets very crowded since it is a favorite hotel for tourist groups visiting Flanders. But the efficient staff always takes care of supply. A warning to parents with young children: My room was on the fifth floor and the only kneehigh window is easily accessible.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2017

This is a decent property, not outstanding but very good in its amenities and comfort. Decent breakfast. What makes it stand out is the excellence of the service. Everybody knew me by sight and were super helpful: lending me a phone charger, asking if I wanted a drink sent up to my room, informing me of local attractions, and so on. The capstone came when I left some clothes behind. The hotel was just so helpful in locating my things, informing me (by email) of my options for return by mail, etc. Thanks very much!

Room Tip: View on the street (Arenberg) was pleasant. Not sure about other options.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Mohan M
Reviewed 24 July 2017

good location
comfortable bad
you have to carry your luggage over the stairs at the entrance (no ramp for easy access) small elevators (3-4 persons with luggage are rather crowded
when turned on, lights produce a loud sound

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple