“Decent place but not sure about value”
Review of Happy Sushi

Happy Sushi
Ranked #624 of 1 272 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Description: Conveyor belt sushi bar, with more than 150 different kind of sushi. Also serve Ramen, Terryaki dishes and Poke Bowl too.
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We visited this restaurant and had a few dishes from the sushi train. It is similar to Yo! Sushi in London where you choose plates yourself and pay based on the colour of the plate. You can also order dishes from the menu.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the food as good.

Different to how things are done in London they keep removing the plates, which makes it near impossible to keep track of what you have eaten. I am not saying that they intentionally rip you off but it is nice to able to see how much you have eaten.

One dish I ordered from the menu was a cheap dish but came out on the wrong plate. I raised this with the staff and they were quick to point out it was an error and not deliberate. A little unsettling either way.

The only other issue is that it is quite expensive when a number of the sushi restaurants in town offer all you can eat for €20. We paid almost that and barely had anything.

But good food and good service!

Reviewed 19 August 2017

I wandered into this place on my first evening in Rotterdam, rather late, because it was a block from my hotel. It was very nice, good sushi reasonably priced. I ordered a simple combo because it was late and I didn't want to burden them. They were nice and quick about it and the food was good.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We were a walk in without reservations and could sit and the Kaiten. We took the plates which we wanted to eat from the Kaiten. The food was good and we enjoyed it. The service was ok, but overall we left happy.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

I ordered from happy sushi via deliveroo. The order came with 4 pieces less than expected. They apologized but there was no way to get the missing piece right away though I appreciate they refund me. The most disappointing thing was that the fish did not taste fresh and the overall taste was plain. Not bad per se but not worth the money.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

I ordered sushi and tempura prawns. They are quite good. I enjoyed it although they take a long time to prepare.