“WE HAD BEEN WAITING FOR OUR ORDER FOR AN HOUR”
Review of Tai Wu

Tai Wu
Ranked #134 of 1 273 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Price range: US$22 - US$36
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Cool
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Firstly we had been waiting for the lady to take our order, and she never came! So I came to the cashier and kindly asked to take our order. After that moment we had been waiting for our order to come. FOR 40 MINUTES. This whole time I’ve asked 4 waitresses about our food, they all promised to go to the kitchen and ask, but they never came back. In the end, I came ip to a manager, and eventually she has checked my order, and we got it in 5 minutes.
Overall we spent around 2 hours in this restaurant, even though we had other places to go to. This restaurant ‘trip’ (I am calling it a trip, because it seemed like a long 10 hours flight to the end of the world) was a complete waste of time.
Food was fine, but we expected our side dish to be bigger, because it was supposed to be mix of meat with vegetables, but there was not that many of the second one. However, the roasted duck was perfect. Our soup was okayish, but vegetables were slimy, and the bouillon was tasteless.

Overall horrible because of the terrible service (if you can even name it service, because it was none).

1  Thank Masha D

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Never judge a book by its cover. The food and service is excellent, wide selection of all types of food on there menu. Lots of Chinese and Cantonese use this restaurant. A real Chinese restaurant.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

New Year 2018. Very good. Especially the Lambsmeat was delicious. Went there during daytime. One of the best in Rotterdam. Please make reservations before you visit.

Reviewed 25 December 2017

Friendly staff, good food. Not expensive. We go there often for years. My fav Chinese restaurant. Highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

I visit this place at least twice a month. The pien pei ab, peking duck with pancakes is the best I had so far after eating it in many different places. Oysters are amazing and so is the quality of the other dishes prepared. Not the usual chinese menu you find all over but a step higher.