“Good food, poor service”
Review of Steak & Bier

Steak & Bier
Ranked #310 of 1 273 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The food is fine, steak, sate or spare ribs, all were good. However, the service leaves plenty to be desired. On one occasion, the server apperently forgot to give the order to the kitchen. When we reminded him, it still took rather long to get the food to the table. On another occasion, they were unable to serve cold desserts at the same time as the coffee. The excuse was that the kitchen was busy with a big group.

Won't be coming back here for a while.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Disappointed by the greasy Schnitzel, steaks were ok. Friend really struggled to order a salad without dairy products. We're told if he orders without dressing that they "don't have" oil and vinegar instead. Cesar salad not what you would expect from that description. Several waiters refused to give us table/tap water, as this only "comes with the wine", which is not only rude, but short sighted. We were there to spend money, had plenty of food and beer, and then are denied a pitcher of water?? Think again about your service strategy. Also waiters knew that we only spoke English but kept addressing us in Dutch, especially the names of orders, with no attempt to accommodate us. Not impressed.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

I was intrigued by the, name checked Out the menu and decided to try our luck. We were not disappointed. The selection of beers ist more that adequate to put it on the sign above the door. I Had the Spareribs, my girlfriend Had the big wild prawns. The ribs were fantastic. I fancy myself to barbeque some pretty good ribs, those were just brilliant. You can suck the meat from the bone, no teeth needed. And they serve them in six different flavours. Oh, did I mention, it's all you can eat? You can even try multiple flavours. Okay, enough about the ribs (they are very good), the service was prompt, very polite and friendly. The tables are quite close to each other, so it can feel a little crowded but it's not that bad. If you are in Rotterdam, near the central station and you are in the mood for a great lunch, give it a try.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I've bin here several times for the spareribs cause they are the best. One time it wasn't as good as I expected but most of the time the quality is great.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

What a lovely meal and good service.
I had the steak salad which was awesome. My wife had the lamb chops and rated them as the best she’s ever had ! My daughters had a burger and wrap and both said they were very yummy! Even the fries had a very tasty seasoning-nice touches all around!
Prices pretty reasonable for the quality and big portions.