All reviews wine cellar boutique hotel lovely canal beautiful town room was large place to stay great location one night on foot top floor train station bobby expanding internet gym sleep luxury
Reviewed 7 August 2018

It's a great location and the room is very special where we stayed. Parking can be a challenge with construction nearby and one way streets, but it's such a wonderful location!

The guy who checked us in was so very helpful with the parkingand just general advice.

Room tip: Take top floor room. The people above us were very noisy and you could hear it through the ceiling.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

We had 2 rooms for family visit. Immaculate, full of character, both rooms were different with their own uniqueness, great service. Tremendous location too. Right in the heart of Leiden and easy access to points of interest. Absolutely recommended.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

My stay in Leiden was planned for one night on business purposes. I had a delayed flight and made the management know about it to arrange my access after 7pm and all went flawless. The staff accommodate my request and I had an awesome stay at the Steenhof Suite. The room was big, overlooking the canal. Beautifully furnished with bath and big shower. Breakfast was lovely despite I had to run and couldn’t ask for more, but overall I would definitely recommend this establishment and go back at my next trip to Leiden.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Leonor P
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We enjoyed our brief stay at Steenhof Suites - it is a tiny, 5-room boutique hotel right in a historic house in the center of beautiful Leiden, overlooking a lovely canal and park. We had the Steenhof and Terrace suites, both were beautifully furnished and the Steenhof suite was almost palatial, overlooking the canal directly and being the size of a Manhattan apartment. The beds were super comfortable and the breakfast, which my husband and kids ordered the next morning, was incredible, from a restaurant nearby. There's Netflix in the rooms, which delighted my kids! The location is truly unbeatable and pretty much everything in Leiden is close by. The only potential negative is that since it's an old building, you can hear footsteps in the room upstairs from you - we sleep like logs, so it wasn't an issue, but it may be an issue for lighter sleepers. Leiden is an amazing town, and staying at Steenhof Suites only enhanced the experience.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank atrevida
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

It is a small cozy place in the heart of leiden.
Comfortable bed. Nicely decorated room.
Look for yourself.
Your greeted with a bottle of sparkling wine.
The place is newly renovated (or so it seems) and spotless clean.
We had the suite under the roof which requires to watch out for the beans - but as they are very low, no risk to forget to bend your head ;)

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 510chrish510