“Wonderful place to stay”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dutch first
Any
bigjimcap...
MA
“Staircase is not for everyone and the communication was....basically non-existent.”
Reviewed 18 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

All the reviews you see here are true. The Villa is charming and up to date. It is in a great location and Leiden is a fun place to visit. The hostess was very nice.
If you like charming, you will like it. The bed was comfy, the walk in shower was nice (although it doesn't drain very well). Didn't use the kitchen. .

My wife does not care for B&B's and she hated the steep spiral staircase. She slipped on the last step. We're not young. 69 years old. The modern up to date bathroom is on the second floor. If you need to get up in the middle of the night, you need to come down those stairs. Not a deal breaker for some people, but it was for my wife. Maybe if I'd read the website in greater detail I might have figured that out (it's in one of the pictures), but it's not like it was emphasized either.

Also- If you are thinking of staying here, do not expect a typical interaction with regard to your reservation. I paid, as required, by PayPal, and then received no communication or confirmation of our booking. I have always received a confirmation of some sort. None ever came from the villa. I sent repeated emails and filled out the contact form multiple times, but never heard back. Finally I called and was told that, yes, we had a room. I asked for an email confirmation. None ever came. I am basically trusting, but was feeling nervous about the whole thing, which is not how I like to feel when I'm traveling to a place where I have never been. On the phone call, I was asked to call sometime to let them know when we might be arriving on Sunday. Once again, it was different, but, yes, ok. When we knew that we would be arriving at about 3 PM, I called but received a recorded message that they do not answer the phone on the weekend! I found this to be very strange for a place that hosts visitors. Coupled with the lack of communication previously, I was concerned that we would arrive to find the place locked up. Ok, this probably says more about me than them- maybe I worry too much or am not a cool relaxed hip traveler. But I have traveled extensively around the world for many years. So, sorry if I sound like a curmudgeon. In the end, it all worked out fine. We arrived, went to the cafe, and were shown the villa.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
19 Apr 2017
Good afternoon

We just received your review at TripAdvisor. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced. We have just sent you an mail with attached our various emails we have sent to the mail address that was used making the booking. We hope that, despite the miscommunication, you will return to our villa in the future.

Kind regards, Villa Rameau
lanierkin...
Tierra Verde, Florida
“Wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 21 September 2016 for a stay in April 2016

This review is a little late, but necessary. I loved Villa Rameau. My friend and I got to stay in a little piece of history. While the villa is historic, it has been completely updated to fit our more modern lifestyles. The kitchen was wonderful (coffee, chilled wine, and reheating leftovers). The management company was also exceptional. We had a warm welcome complete with a bottle of wine and had a notebook with instructions for operating appliances etc. My friend also left an item which was shipped to me. I think that amounts to exceptional care of guests.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: privacy, and staying in a neighborhood
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
22 Sep 2016
Dear Sara,

Thank you for this nice review. We hope to see you again soon in Villa Rameau. Have a great day,

Kind regards,

Wouter Hollenga of Villa Rameau
Michelle...
Western Australia, Australia
“Lovely place to stay!! Highly recommend it!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed at the Villa for two weeks with our 15 month old (even though they do not usually accept children at the Villa). They were very accommodating - even providing child gates at the top of each set of stairs for us and a Winnie the Poeh plate set for her. We felt very at home and nothing was too much trouble.

The Villa is in brilliant location - close to the V&D, the markets (held on Wed and Sat) and only a short stroll over to the main shopping strip. The Villa was cleaned daily and they did an excellent job, the staff were lovely. The Hoogvliet supermarket is only a 5 minute walk or 1 minute bike ride away. A few restaurants are on the same street and there an many cafes close by. There is also a lovely park about 1 minute walk away.

The huge bed is incredibly comfortable, the shower is amazing, thoroughly enjoyed using the coffee machine and the use of the courtyards.

I highly recommend going through to the Pieterskerkcafe to tour the amazing Pieterskerk Monument. Overall it was an amazing place to stay with lovely, accommodating people running it.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Mandy F
“Exceed expectations”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Wow, this was an amazing place to stay at! Downtown Leiden and it felt we where back in time. Staying at Rameau is for people who love history and require modern facilities. This place feels like home as everything is there; from a fully equipped kitchen, large bathroom and fantastic bed! Not to forget a terrace where you can have a glass of wine with view of the Pieterschurch! Service is ok, we enjoyed having breakfast in the church Cafe! Everything exceed our expectations, I would love to come back with my children one day.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Gebo18
Arzier, Switzerland
“Heaven can wait...”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Found this property on booking.com when looking for some place to stay at Leiden. Having lived in Leiden for a couple years, I was taken away by the idea to stay in the former sacristan's apartment of Pieter's kerk in the center of the old town. Lots of history going on here, Pilgrim fathers, Rembrandt and all, if you have not been to Leiden, put it on your list now!
Apartment: a house, virtually a part of the church, as some others that in the old days where old people lived for free. Three floor affair with typically steep stairs (you have to actually been to the Netherlands to know how steep they are), with a ground floor kitchen and dining room and a little yard, second floor with bathroom, separate toilet and living room, and whole upper floor as one bedroom. Furniture and appliances were y beautiful mixture of antiquities and modern. Kitchen is fully equipped, WiFi is for free and fast throughout the house.
The villa is managed by a foundation, their boss, Frieke, gave us a free tour through the church and to some places you may not see as a regular tourist, plus the stories coming with them.
Conclusion, that was by far the best way we could spend our Easter weekend, and we hope to be back for more soon!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Everything. Period.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$277
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing