All reviews the owner his wife comfortable rooms small canal the bus wonderful weekend star hotel free wifi cold cuts friendly receptionist dutch breakfast soup no elevator hotel is situated quiet area three star rent boats
Reviewed 22 June 2018

We highly recommend this hotel in Giethoorn

Positives:
Very friendly receptionist
Close to the quiet and more peaceful part of Giethoorn--where there are few tourists and from our experience, the more lovely and better part of Giethoorn
We went across the street and enjoyed dinner
Nice breakfasts
Quiet, comfortable rooms
Away from the touristic part of Giethoorn

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I ordered 2 coffiee, but they give me only one. When I went to order one coffiee more, then woman from bar was not nice for me, and later she bring us coffee and she say nothing when we say "Thank You". 2 minutes latter kelner bring us bill, but we didn't ask about. I feld like gatecrasher.
Prices:
Italian coffie x2 - 14 euro
2×cokiess - 7,5

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank En S
Harmonie-Giethoorn, Manager at Hotel de Harmonie, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Sorry for the misunderstanding.... It was beautiful hot sunday afternoon, many people setting outside on the terrace. To avoid having to wait a long time to pay the bill, payment is when bringing the drinks.
At time of ordering one person was at the restroom and we thought we bring the coffee and pastry (house made apple pie) for the 2e person a little later to keep it fresh. Sorry that our best intentions have been misunderstood.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I ate here whilst passing through on business. Although I was rather early for lunch the staff made me feel more than welcome. This is a traditional family run hotel, and the food reflected that. I had the spaghetti bolognese and it was simply superb. This is a stunning, quiet area of Holland. I am now looking forward to staying at the hotel

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank markpc47
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Room, funiture,bathroom, appliances are all real cheap and barely suitable a low cost two star hotel. But we paid 5 star hotel price before we had a chance to see the room. Breakfast is also skimpy as the accomodations are. We wonder why other travelers express misleading satisfaction in this website...Is it real? Stay away.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Haim Z
Harmonie-Giethoorn, Eigenaar at Hotel de Harmonie, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

We are confused. You walked-in at the reception of the hotel with no reservation, asking for an available room, we showed you the room and roomrate. You liked the room. We don’t understand why did you took this room and write 2 reviews on Tripadvisor like this???

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel should have 2 stars to suit the decor, the facilities and the barn type staircase leading to our room. We could barely pass a suitcase between the door and the staircase.
Breakfast too was poor and cheap.
I expect the price to be half of what we paid.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple