“recommended”

The Pancake Bakery
Ranked #25 of 110 Dessert in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed 24 May 2018

Loved the atmosphere, near the Anne Frank House, some outdoor seats on beautiful canal. Savory pancakes were delicious esp. the Indonesian and the Breton. The Breton, with Goat cheese and honey, is esp. recommended. 4 stars because we had 4 servers, and one forgot to place our dessert order, so it was a 2 hour meal. I would not call it inexpensive, as some reviewers before . . . main pancakes are around 11-14 Euros. But it fit all the buttons of what we wanted and kids will love it. After having the dessert pancakes, we decided we liked the savory better. Maybe split one dessert after your main meal? We liked that it was a bit separate from the tourist masses and had a historic atmosphere on a beautiful canal.

Write a ReviewReviews (3 534)

234 - 238 of 3 534 reviews

Reviewed 22 May 2018

When in Amsterdam we knew we wanted to try The Pancake Bakery so it was our 1st night in town and off we went!

We arrived close to 7pm and got a table right away.

After checking out the menu I ordered the Mexican pancake, it filled with chicken, mushrooms, onions, paprika, pineapple, tomato sauce, sweet corn served with guacamole & had a side green salad. I honestly was expecting it to be the size of a crepe, but these are huge pancakes! The pancake to me tasted more of a curry than Mexican, but it was delish no matter what, but I knew I was still ordering a sweet pancake, so I did not finish the entire dish.

For the sweet pancake, I went with apple and cinnamon, it had fresh apple slices laid in the pancake (which are more like a thick crepe, thin pancake) cooked to perfection then had cinnamon ice cream on top of the warm pancake with fresh whipped cream and cinnamon liquor. Oh My Yum! This was sweet heaven and just what I was craving, it was everything!!

The Pancake Bakery did not disappoint!

Reviewed 22 May 2018

There was a little bit of wait, but the food was worth the wait. Very affordable as well. Would recommend...

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We visited twice in three days. On both occasions the service was very slow but to be honest it was heaving!
Pancakes are colossal and I am assured; really good (not a pancake lover myself but the OH is).
I had a Canadian omelette which came with salad and two slices of bread (?) it was big and no scrimping on the ingredients.
If you’re looking for a dessert or a savoury snack at any time, this is the place to be. Reasonably priced for the quantity.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

There is always a wait to get in, but it is well worth it! The staff is friendly, knowledge, warm and welcoming. The food is great, so many different and wonderful varieties is pancakes. It was so hard to choose! And the portions are huge! Very good!