“Delicious Food and nice staff”
Review of Metropolitain

Metropolitain
Ranked #717 of 4 561 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Neighbourhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Neighbourhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

We went here for breakfast and lunch and both was very good! The staff is attentive and we received the food very quick.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

We went to stop for a quick lunch before some sight seeing. We ordered some fries. Once we ordered out food, no one stopped at our table. After 30 minutes we had to track down the waitress to figure out why out food did not come yet. It still took a while till the food finally came. The truffle fries were delicious. But after asking for the check, we had to wait another life time before someone finally showed up. No matter how good the food is, I really can't stand restaurants with horrible service - or like in this case with NO SERVICE... Made the whole experience very disappointing!

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to Metropolitain as well as to Café de Paris and I have to be honest, the home made lemonades and lobster mac&cheese and sweet potato fries are delish!

However this evening we were really bothered by a group of around 5 people who are part of the staff and probably just finished their shift around 7PM screaming and drinking very loud around one of the tables.

Of course I understand that when you finish your workday you would like to go for a drink, however I do not think the restaurant you are working at is the correct place to have a (rather loud) after work party. The waitress who was working also go distracted by them and was talking with het colleagues all the time while they took bottles of wine behind the bar and took them to the table they were all sitting at. While the waitress on shift was gone for a while and we wanted to pay, one of the people from the table stood up to help us, which I found very odd as not even a minute before that she was sipping her wine.

Too bad that loud staff can ruin a dinner like that! Usually I’m not the type of person who complains but I think this just need to be said. The food was great as always but we will def not come here again for a while....

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Nice place. I had the metropolitain eggs and fresh orange guice. On a sunny day you could seat outside and enjoy the city

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Found this place using "food guide" app.
I had eggs metropolitain. Gorgeous appearance and very flavoursome. Huge range of spicy sauces on the table. Which for me is a massive tick.
It's a small place but very nice.
Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is becuase the coffees we ordered took forever