“Really nice Italian place”
Review of Incanto

Incanto
Reserve with
Incanto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #286 of 4 590 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$57 - US$143
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed 14 May 2018

The food and the service were excellent in this restaurant located int he Center of Amsterdam with a really nice view. The service and the food were really good :). It was a bit expensive but it was worthy!!!!

Reviewed 10 May 2018

We had dinner at Incanto based upon the recommendation of one of the staff at our hotel. We had dinner at a more authentic Dutch restaurant the evening before so we thought we would try some Italian. This place is absolutely terrific. The owner, Nicolo who is from Italy along with most of the staff there do a terrific job of bringing traditional Italian dishes to the Netherlands. We began the evening with an Aperol Spritz and a Prosecco and moved on to an appetizer of Prawns in a kataifi pastry with asparagus and couscous...we shared this appetizer which was outstanding. We knew we were in for a treat that evening. Oh, and I forgot to mention they served us cheese filled Arancini before the prawns, just to get the juices flowing. My wife had the Risotto while I had the Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe served with white pepper. Again...these dishes were perfect. This coupled with a beautiful brunello made the dinner perfect. Of course, dolce followed with Puff pastry with vanilla mousse and orange and a dish of differing flavors of gelato.
In short...a terrific meal...a terrific staff at the restaurant and it overlooks the Muntplein area of the canal ring district...near the flower market.

I should also say, the dinner was sooooo good, we went back the next night....and yes, it was equally as good as the evening before. While in Amsterdam, if you have a craving for Italian food, don't jump on the next plane to Roma, just visit Incanto.

2  Thank Don C
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is a family favourite for birthday celebrations. The food is always of high quality - loved the summer vegetable risotto. I asked for a couple of scoops of sorbet and they turned in into a beautiful dessert with chocolate discs, light sponge and coulis. We were very happy with our wine recommendations as well. Our son was very happy with the birthday message in chocolate with his dessert. Attentive and super friendly service. We will return.

1  Thank RUTHANDPAULLondon
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Had a lovely Italian meal in the restaurant in mid-April 2018. Located in an old mansion, overlooking the canal, very picturesque, but it was a bit hard to find, although well worth the small effort. The food was excellent....I had the special risotto, my friend a lamb dish, both excellent. The desserts were also wonderful. The service was also superb: the waiter was very knowledgable about Italian wines and offered me one that I hadn't had before from a small vineyard in northern Italian. It was delicious....I highly recommend this place!

1  Thank USAbaby
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

The menu is really reduced, for vegetarians the offer is really limited. The service is very good and the ambiance is comfy.