“Busy establishment providing quality food near Amstel station”
Review of Dauphine

Dauphine
Ranked #1 213 of 4 303 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$30 - US$98
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

On a wet evening when we were too late to book elsewhere, we walked in and were seated immediately. The establishment presents with numerous white tables laid out in symmetrical lines with a modern feel. We found the food to be a bit pricey but delicious. I had the cod with saffron risotto and have not tasted better (22 e). We were left with the impression that the local business community in Amsterdam is happy to pay for good food but maybe they save by not drinking as much alcohol as other countries. It was perhaps a bit too busy for a romantic meal but we would recommend.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Arrived here on a very wet night but was seated immediately. This place is big. It used to be an old Renault building. Overall it's a nice place but the food was a little overpriced for what we got. Bottle of Merlot was nice and priced well. My partner had the house special fish dish which he said was ok. I had the rib-eye with chips and a salad. It was a very small rib-eye, the smallest I have ever eaten but it was nice. Dessert was Eton mess. Again a small portion and not much fruit it in but it was tasty. Would try it out again when we're back over.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This is a really pleasant restaurant for (business) lunches and diners. They have a great number of dishes - I believe everyone will enjoy. Whether you go for eggs benedict, carpaccio salad or crème brulé, everything is tasty. Personnel is efficient, and mostly friendly. The restaurant itself is busy, has high ceilings and plenty of tables. It is situated about 5 minutes from Amstel metro station. All trains to Amsterdam Central stop at Amstel, so access is easy.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a lovely meal here, with great service. Attentive and friendly staff were on hand but not pushy, so we didnt feel rushed which I like. The food was great, the rib eye steak was so tender, I enjoyed it so much and the 'colonel' pudding (lemon sorbet in vodka) was the perfect end to a gorgeous meal. This place felt special, not cheap but a lovely treat! It was around 7 min walk to our hotel casa.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

My daughters and I visited the restaurant last weekend and although the food was good, the service was awful. It took them a long time to serve the starter then they completely forgot to serve us the main course. The restaurant wasn't that busy so there was no excuse. As an apology, we were given a bottle of wine. They really need to improve their customer service.