“Nice Mexican food”
Review of Burrito

Burrito
Reserve with
Burrito is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 317 of 4 440 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2018

The Burrito was my first Mexican food experience. At first I was rather sceptical - when my friends and I passed by it, it was empty and didn't look promising. Throughout the evening, however, the restaurant filled up and started buzzing.
When we entered, we were greeted by the owner and instantly seated. The waitress serving us was fantastic - great energy and a sense of humour! The cocktails we ordered were quite strong and hit us quite fast on an empty stomach. Each of us ordered different food - steak, enchiladas, fajitas. Glad that they also serve vegetarian food. When my enchiladas arrived, my plate looked like a hot mess-the salad and beans were all mixed up and it was difficult to eat the enchiladas without half of the filling falling off. Nevertheless, food tasted great! Occasionally, the owner would turn up the stereo really loud and sing along. It was an interesting experience.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

This cozy place is family run. The food is cheap and I come here often.
The combination menu is very good and the food is freshly prepared so you can custom order which is no problem at all.

The friendly owner usually comes by your table for a chat.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

There you will find the best enchiladas, fajitas or tacos of your life.
Which are home made by the owner. It is cheap and tasy I recommand it and will return.
Cocktails are great too.

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Hi
My wife and I visited the place in the evening.
The only good part was the wonderful waitress who served us with a constant smile and hoy.
When it comes to the food - well, we were really hungry after a full day shopping. We couldn't finish our dishes.
I really am a bit wordless to describe - it just wasn't good enough.
We are both not culinary experts but both of us didn't like the food.
Atmosphere is nice though and again - the girl who served us was amazing (maybe we just selected bad dishes?)

Reviewed 28 December 2016

This is the first mexican restaurant in Amsterdam that actually served refried beans with the meal. I don't know if that's such a big deal but to me it's a small detail that deserves merit.

I ordered a combination enchilada meal consisting of one chicken and one beef enchilada along with the refried beans and a small salad in the middle of the plate. The waiter asked if I like my food spicy. I said yes so he added more jalapenos to the meal spicing it up a bit.

He also served me chips and salsa although the salsa was more like a hot sauce than a salsa in my opinion. Regardless, it was a welcome change to what I've been munching on lately.

I also had a mexican beer, a Dos Equis. which was one of several mexican beers that they offer. On top of all that since they carried Cuervo Gold I orderd a shot of that.

Overall the menu had some interesting choices I'd not seen in other mexican restaurants in Amsterdam. I must assume from the name of the restaurant that burritos are their trademark specialty. I'll have to go back because I wasn't in a burrito mood.

I'd go back to try more things on their menu. They're also dog friendly.