“Lovely diner”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Neighbourhood: Jordaan
Neighbourhood: Jordaan
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

My friends and I always visit this family-run, charming Indian restaurant. Great curries, great location and excellent service. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 2 October 2016

The owners were very co-operative....a lady & her father were there. She smiled with a warm welcome...even though we went after closure time. Though it was closed she allowed us inside & seeing us hungry she asked her chef to serve us a meal. We had ordered a simple meal comprising of chana masala, chapati, dal & rice. The lunch was literally heaven on earth...very hot piping dal & sabzi were amazing. The chapatis reminded me of our home made food. I didn't had such an amazing food and mainly the chapatis as compared to other restaurants in Europe.
This was the lowest bill we had ever paid in any Indian restaurants in Europe with such an Awesome food & warm hospitality.
We had a great interaction with the lady who told us that they are in this business since many years in Amsterdam.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

Best Indian restaurant in Amsterdam. Cheapest of all. I recommend this to everyone. Best place for peaceful dinner.

Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

We were in Europe since a week n this was the best meal that we had.. Simple home food... V ordered a simple yellow dal n chicken curry with chapatis... It actually felt lik the chapatis r made my an Indian mother... The food was simple n light on stomach.. Staff was very courteous and service was good..
I would highly recommend this place...

Reviewed 29 October 2015

We were so happy that we found lunch service at such a low price that we directly placed the order. On the bright side, the delivery was prompt and the food was warm.

The downside was that people who ordered non-spicy (mild) got spicy food and the ones who wanted spicy food, got mild. Looks like there were no adjustments made. It was all the same. The quanity was just enough. BUT ... here comes the crunch ... when I gave my feedback to the owner, she sent me this message " I wasn't satisfied with ur reaction about the food. Regarding the spices and the quantity. Therefore I decided to refrain from further orders from <name company>."

Strange...isn't one just supposed to do that??? Give an honest feedback, I mean. Are we not supposed to learn from feedback? I am of Indian origin and love Indian food but this is just below par. Bad customer service. Good luck to those who order.

2  Thank borgt12