“Perfect Dinner”

Price range: US$92 - US$115
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: Elegance, tradition and hospitality are the core traits of one of Amsterdam’s finest restaurants, de Silveren Spiegel (the Silver Mirror). The restaurant dates from the Dutch Golden Age, the 17th century, so you can experience the ambiance of this time period. Breathtaking surroundings and a lovely diner. Private rooms for special occasions, parties or business meetings available. AT THIS MOMENT THE RESTAURANT IS CLOSED FOR EXTENDED RENOVATIONS. WE ARE HAPPY TO WELCOME YOU AGAIN IN THE SPRING OF 2017.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I did reserve this restaurant more than a month ago for our first night in Amsterdam. We weren't disappointed.We seated on the window table upstairs and it was very romantic corner. Our server, he was very professional in explaining their menu on each food item and wine recommendation. We tried the long tasting menu with the wine pairing.
Vow, every dish was the signature item on its own!
Perfect for our first dinner impression of Amsterdam!
We hope that we can come back here again!

Francisca v, Eigenaar at De Silveren Spiegel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear wiseguy1282005,

Thank you so much for dedicating some time to share your satisfaction after your experience at our de Silveren Spiegel restaurant.
We are delighted to learn that your meal was great thanks to the quality of the cuisine of our Executive Chef Yves van der Hoff and the atmosphere of our place.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

I’ve always had delicious dinners here! Loved the Christmas dinners every year. Real hard to get in unless you get a reservation. Now I can make reservation online and I’m back in!
I had the most exciting fall tasting menu with 4 courses on a Tuesday and decided I want to come back on Friday of same week to try 7 courses!
Omg! I was in cloud 9!
The first 4 course was FABULOUS! The presentation was outstanding! All ingredients blends so well together but still can stand on its own. Very creative from the first bite to dessert!
So on Friday, the 7 course meal was also gorgeous and tasty and came to find out it was prepared by the sou chef ! Impressive
I enjoy this place tremendously. This is a must try place! I love the attentive service! The stories of the building and it’s histories surround. Beautiful decor.
Oh. And the dishes! I wanted to take them home!
Love this place is all I can say

Dear Sassyfoody,

We thank you so much for taking the time to publish your review further to your visit at de Silveren Spiegel restaurant.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the presentation and the flavors of Yves van der Hoff’s cuisine.
Thank you for your very detailed description of our 7 course tasting menu.
Your kind review is shared with the team.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in a near future and make you discover the other menus of the restaurant.

Regards,

Reviewed 12 September 2018

We love to visit De Silveren Spiegel when in Amsterdam. It's a beautiful old building, which is immaculately maintained, friendly and enthusiastic staff, and superb attention to detail. On our recent visit the five courses with paired wines was a culinary delight.
Bravo !!

Francisca v, Eigenaar at De Silveren Spiegel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear davemacrae1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We aim to deliver a high-quality service and to exceed guest’s expectations. We are glad that we succeeded. The Golden Age ambiance is a special feature of our restaurant and creates a unique atmosphere. I will definitely share your feeling of great tasting and great visual experience with our entire team. Our chef Yves van der Hoff and his team prepare every dish with a lot of passion and indeed influenced a Dutch flavor in the de Silveren Spiegel menu. We looking forward to welcome you again in our restaurant.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

It's the second time I ate at De Silveren Spiegel. The first time was a year ago. The first time was one was amazing but the second one left me speechless. Probably the best meal I ever had. The chef is a culinary genius and has evolved from last year. Can't wait to my next visit.

2  Thank Roy P
Francisca v, Eigenaar at De Silveren Spiegel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Roy P,

It has given me great pleasure to read your recent review of restaurant de Silveren Spiegel.
Thank you for your loyalty over the past month's it is testament to the service and culinary delights which we strife to offer. I am sure we will have the opportunity to once again welcome you back to restaurant de Silveren Spiegel in the not too distance future.
Best wishes from all the team.

Francisca van der Hoff

Reviewed 7 September 2018

The food and wine were great. The building was so cool! The house is tilting, as are many in Amsterdam. The interior has not been renovated, which is great because you get a real feel of what original Dutch interiors were like. The materials, finishes and colors. Go upstairs and walk around to experience the tilt. The staff is great and encourages you to look around and admire the house. It's not crowded as they have limited seating. You will want for nothing. It's the only part of the trip we planed and I'm so glad we got to experience it.

Dear MariaTravelsMucho,

I would like to thank you for this delightful review about your recent dinner at de Silveren Spiegel.
We are really happy that you took the time to comment your experience in our restaurant
The support of our guests is extremely rewarding for our team and we really appreciate your compliments about the impeccable service you received.