“Average”
Review of Casa Italiana

Casa Italiana
Reserve with
Casa Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 767 of 4 555 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 16 May 2018

This place was ok. I had the vegetarian pizza and the food came quickly which is nice but also makes me question how fresh it is.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with some friends to have dinner. We waited for 1 hour for our pastas and they came at the same time as the people who ordered 15 minutes before. Horrible service but the pastas were great.
If I come back to amsterdam I wouldn't go to this restaurant again.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Below average food. Garlic bread wasn't garlic-y, and quite dry. Calzone was ok, quite filling, but quality wasn't great.

Seemed to be something strange going on, with various people coming in and out of the restaurant and going through a door to a private area. Wouldn't recommend.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Not my first time in Amsterdam but first day of this holiday and it’s been miserable outside!

My partner and I decided to go for food about 8pm, had a little walk around and found this place. I love Italian food so it was an easy choice!

Service was a bit slow, we ordered drinks and the old gentleman who took our order forgot and we ended up ordering with his colleague. Service was a bit slow but we were chatting so didn’t seem like a long time.

Our food then came out and they brought me a 4 cheese pizza when I ordered a 4 cheese pasta. The guy who took the order even asked me twice what type of pasta I would want. This set my meal back just over 5 minutes compared to my partner who was already tucking into his food.

When my food finally came out it was bubbling nicely and tasted pretty good! I love cheese so I was happy to stuff it in my face. They didn’t compensate this in the bill which was a bit annoying as they made a mistake but oh well. Portion size was rather small and I probably wouldn’t come back again as I could get more for my money elsewhere, especially because they messed up.

Nice place for someone to come though!

Reviewed 20 September 2017

When arriving here, we was caught by a guy outside tempting people in. He said he could accommodate my partner who is Vegan, so we thought we would give them a shot. First of all they came to take an order when we hadn't even been sat down for 5 minutes, let alone read the menus. This restaurant was both Italian and Argentinian...Steak and Pasta, we thought perfect combo, but we was wrong. I ordered the special which was a steak which i ordered medium rare, and it was honestly cooked really well. My partner and friend both ordered a spicy tomato pasta, which literally was a plain tomato pasta the size of a starter...not a main course size at all...they were still hungry after. My partner had also ordered fries but they didn't arrive till the end of the meal, and barely any apology from the staff. One thing we wasn't happy about, was the fact we ordered tap water yet was charged 11 euros for 2 bottles of water that we didn't even order!!! Staff were barely around, too busy chatting to one another in all honesty. I do not recommend this restaurant to anyone, if anything go to one of the smaller places on the street behind it. Very expensive for the amount of food that we received. Sorry but there are many better and cheaper places in Amsterdam that i recommend you go to instead.