All reviews shower and toilet clean sheets the ground floor big windows hot water single room pleasant stay canal dam earplugs luggage euro channels mirror vondelpark station
Reviewed 18 October 2017

The owner and his wife make you feel very welcome. Their staff are polite, professional and helpful. My 4th visit is coming up, that's how reliable they are. Clean rooms, daily towel service, rent bike out front, good security, close to the happening area Leidseplein, competitive pricing. If you come early, they'll watch your stuff till you check in. They found me a laundromat. They told me about a marathon to see. You can get a cup of coffee & chat with them. Right on a canal in a quiet area and only a minute or 2 walk to multiple trams. Hot water and good showers, big windows in the room that open wide. Told me about an express bus I could catch close by to get to the airport which saved me money. The room TV always works. Clean sheets. No bugs.They have free WI-FI. Safe area. Snack vending machine. They have sights info. & maps. You can take a boat ride right down the street. Close to stores for your incidentals. Tons of restaurants, bars and nite clubs. Close to Vondel Park. You can get to the Zoo or Botanical Gardens, Dam Center or major Museums easily from Hotel Titus. I'm from New York City originally so I tend to be picky and Hotel Titus works well for me. Think about it, you could pay a lot more and not even be in such a cool area! If there's an opening, grab it.

Room tip: I usually get the twin bed room with private bath
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Dwight A
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Deserves 4 stars for value. Reading some reviews I'm surprised by how much people expect in a capital city for minimum price.....no kettle in the room?! Please - this is amsterdam-it's expensive so if you really want a proper hotel room, expect to pay £100 a night +. Think what London would get you for £60! Probably have to stay far out around Wembley whereas £60 will get you Central in Dam just with basic facilities and decor. Amsterdams buildings are so old, and with minimal surface area, hotels are mostly there to squeeze as much in as possible and this usually means that for £60/70 or less a night, you share a bathroom. I've been coming for 15 years and this hotel was to be expected. I normally stay at the Quentin hotels (3 in Dam, 1 is only 2 buildings up from the Titus but was full) but this time I tried some hostels - after two nights I decided my own room for the last night would be a treat as I was travelling alone. I booked hotel titus single room with private but seperate bathroom on the Monday eve on Booking.com at midnight and wondered across Tuesday at 11:30am to drop my back pack in the hold room till check in at 2/3pm. Never booked so late to stay somewhere before. It was 53 Euro plus tax so 60 euro on arrival to pay. Hotel was easy to find and easy to access. On arrival, the friendly man gave me key and told me my room was ready now if I wanted! Great news! It was a Tuesday though and out of term time so probably very quiet, the streets were really quiet all 4 days actually. He explained about shower and toilet being seperate but also private to my room and explained check out and wifi login. My room was one floor up and above the front door room 14. The room itself was as expected and shown in pictures - basic but absolutely fine for purpose. I got two towels which actually is a bonus-I've stayed in Dam for the same price and not got any towel before! Bed was a bit over soft but no bad back for just one eve. Tv had lots of channels inc Comedy Central in English. Room had sink, hanging space and 4 hangers (don't expect more in Dam), mirror, plug point by bed (again don't expect this, most are by the room door or sink and useless for having phone next to u for the morning alarm) and another plug by sink, small light above bed and main room light and some curtains which could have been thicker but adequate. The room was old in decor with white chipboard paper and could probably use a modernisation but honestly for price it's great and I still think better than a travelodge for cleanliness! Clean sheets and floor for a start ha ha. As all buildings in Dam, it had big windows I could open up if really warm. Location was lovely-on a canal and just round from main road but not too noisy. It's 5 min walk from Leidseplein and ten min from vondlepark, Rijksmuseum, casino, bars and other sites. It's a quick tram number 1,2 or 5 from station to Leidseplein so accessible for all. The hall area was modern and yes no lift! Don't be surprised! There is no space for lifts in Dam in most buildings so people should not be shocked-don't take a wheelie suitcase to Dam, the streets and hotels are not made for pulling them well at all, use back packs or hodals trust me! Now the bathroom-by far the most modern shower rooms I've used In a hotel for less than £70. My room had a private shower and toilet which was opened by key card. It was on my floor just 6 steps from my door, along with one other hotel room and shower room. It was tiny but very modern and extremely clean and with a very hot and powerful spray. In Dam if your here to chill, all u need is hot shower and comfy bed and this was it. I'd normally expect to pay £110 for private in-room toilet. On check out I just left my card on reception and said thanks-that's it. All very basic but exactly what I needed. Wifi was excellent and free, hotel warm. Overall excellent stay for me. It was on a slightly quieter road and with it being 30 min walk from RLD and station, probably not good for stag and hen do people. But for friends travelling or even a couple who don't mind the basic ness and want to save money for the pricey drink pricey in his capital city, it's great. Maybe take ear plugs in Amsterdam-you can buy better than Uk ones in the Etos Chemists in Dam of which there are many (use google maps). I say this because there's almost no double glazing in Amsterdam and rooms at this price have very thin walls. I sleep heavy so I wasn't disturbed but you may be. Honest those multi coloured earplugs from the Amsterdam chemists are brilliant! Sleep for bloody hours! I buy them for Uk and have for years. I have no doubt the more pricey rooms there have more facilities or better decor if you want that, but I didn't care as apart from dropping bag and sleeping, I just needed a clean place and this was better than expected with such a good shower and friendly staff! Will come again for sure thank you Titus :)

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank RaverSouthend
Reviewed 26 September 2017

First impression when we first entered the hotel after our early morning flight was that it was strange, however this soon went. We had the room located on the bottom floor located next to reception so we were lucky not to have to walk up and down the steep stairs. I would recommend contacting the hotel in advance if steps are a problem for you to sort out your room arrangements.

The room itself was basic, but was clean and the bathroom in particular was very nice. It had all the amenities you need for a pleasant stay and it felt very safe.

Staff were helpful in recommending places to go and sorted out our early morning taxi for our return flight.

Ultimately, I would stay again if the price was right.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We were there for 2 nights in order to visit the city . Was nice, clean and close enough to the city center. We only need the room for rest and a hot water after many hours walking and Titus it's perfect for that

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Cons:
Tiny rooms barely large enough for two single beda.
Beds so soft you will have back pain in the morning.
Hotel next door played music until past 1am and the walls were so thin I could party with the neighbors' music on one side and hear the play by play of people smoking up in the room next to me.
Super expensive on weekends €235 one night. Thursday was €120 for comparison in May.

Pros
When front desk did come up to noisy room they were forceful but polite.
Front desk staff was very friendly.
Nice view onto canal if you get a front room.
Location is OK.