“So sad this time...”

Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Just across the Marriott hotel near the Leidseplein,in a little beautiful park( het Leidsebosje) stands our typically Dutch Poffertjes & Pancake house. Our "poffertjeskraam" used to travel the carnivals(funfairs) of Holland,but is now (almost 20 years) a favorite among tourists & locals forPoffertjes & Pancakes.For the pancakes we use :*organic flour *fresh fruits(you have to see our Dutch strawberries) *Dutch cheese *Dutch bacon/hamonly
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I anxiously awaited my apple pancake after my 7 friends had been served. We had visited 4 years before this and enjoyed the restaurant very much. I finally got my pancake minutes later and it was burnt black. We had no time to wait on another to cook, so I am too sad to try it again next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 145)

72 - 76 of 1 146 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed our breakfast here! Also a highly recommended breakfast place. Of course we had to order the poffertjes and so happy we did! They were so delicious. It almost melts in your mouth good.

We ordered the pancakes (pineapple, plain and raisins) and one savory (mushroom/burger). All of us loved our food.

Service was excellent and friendly staff.

This place gets packed!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This is a great place to try traditional Dutch pancakes. I had the apple cinnamon pancake and my husband had the smaller pancakes with strawberries. Both were delicious. The waitresses were very friendly.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Our favorite pancake in Netherlands. It is a must to visit De Vier Pilaren. 3 years ago, we came here everyday while we’re in Amsterdam. Love this place

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Delicious pancakes and fluffy poffertjes that remind me of my grandmother’s homemade.
It might get crowded during weekend but you’ll be able to be seated in around 10-15 mins.
Outdoor seatings are available too.. will definitely come here again with more friends!