“Not to be missed”

Jewish Amsterdam Tour
Ranked #28 of 466 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: Amsterdam's Portuguese Synagogue, inaugurated in 1675, has remained in its authentic state until today.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you are truly interested in learning beyond the audio tour guide info provided to you by the museum, DO THE TOUR WITH Naomi!
She is absolutely wonderful. Incredibly educated, very personable and so fun to talk to!
I really enjoyed the tour and the time spent with Naomi.
She brings every participant up to speed on the historical events despite of individual's knowledge. My husband does not care much about history but he quickly caught up with Naomi's help. We were able to move on from subject to subject very swiftly.

If I had more time in Amsterdam I would probably do another tour with her.

All reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 10 reviews
"second world war"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had an incredible 4 hours with Naomi, so much so we have been a little busy and hadn't gotten to write a review until now but have been giving her rave reviews to friends and all that ask about our trip to Amsterdam. We found her extremely knowledgable and talented at conveying the knowledge of history and modern day life and able to answer our many questions with certainty. She gave us a great tour of the Portuguese Synagogue, the Jewish Museum and the neighborhood of the old Jewish neighborhood. Though we only spent a half-day with her, if our itinerary had allowed, we easily could have spent another two days touring the area a little more in depth, picking her brain for more of the story to get an even better understanding of the area. She was very understanding of our tight schedule and helped us to get to the places we wanted to see with ease, and gave us great suggestions as to which locations and sites were worth seeing that day given the short amount of time we were spending in the city.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went on this tour with Naomi Koopmans on June 11, 2018. She was extremely pleasant and friendly and is perhaps, one of the most knowledgable people about Jewish history that I have ever encountered. In an engaging manner, she explained the ties of Jewish history and culture to the culture of The Netherlands, and taught me things about the Jewish experience and lineage in Amsterdam that I would never had suspected. I HIGHLY recommend her tour to anyone who wants to know more about the history of Jews in Amsterdam, as well as the history of Amsterdam itself.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Sharing this tour with my two grandsons was an incredible experience. Naomi Koopermans professionalism, knowledge and detailed information was amazing. She provided us with memories and details of our heritage.
This tour should be the first you take when arriving in Amsterdam. With great appreciation to Naomi for sharing her kindness and passion....