“Birthday steak”

Price range: US$12 - US$62
Cuisines: Argentinian, Barbecue, South American, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: We are Argentinian restaurant located in Amsterdam Center. We served very high quality of fresh Argentinian meat, straight from the pampas. Tender & fresh
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

An interesting one to write this! The food was excellent (Steak cooked perfectly) and the staff were really friendly and helpful. I’d actually highly recommend this place HOWEVER I think there were a couple of things that let them down that I had to take off a couple of points for. Firstly when I order soup I expect a piece of bread along side it, even if it’s just for presentation. The same happened with the steak, it looked very lonely when it was presented on the plate in its own. Had I not noticed that you had to order side dishes we could have ended up with plain steaks and nothing else - again, at least put a little mixed salad on the plate for presentation. Okay finally, the red wine - very overpriced indeed, I checked a few of the bottles on the app Vivino and a bottle of Argentinian Malbec they were selling at €65 retails at €12, now that’s some mark up!!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is open lately, but I don’t advise for meet / steak lovers... otherwise staff nice and food ok

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Four of us dined here last week. The decor is fun with cow hide seats! We all had different meals and I think the concensus was that the fillet steak meal was the best. I had ribs which were OK but nothing special that said the fries and onion rings were very good.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 20 April 2018

we first visited this restaurant on our 1st trip to Amsterdam 10 years ago, we decided to see if it was as good as we remembered and we certainly weren't disappointed. Still a Meat Feast!!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 20 April 2018

The reflection of lights on the cow-hide covered seats was most alluring as it was our first time in an Argentinian Restaurant. We ordered a beef and fish in white sauce dish as our main dishes. The steak was very well done as ordered but the fish wasn't quite as enjoyable as I was practically fishing for bone with every bite.
Whilst waiting for our order to be served, we were expecting to get some complimentary finger bites to nibble on but nothing was offered. It will be nice if something to nibble on was served complimentary instead of just having to wait till your meal is served.

Date of visit: April 2018