“Premium seafood”

Ranked #61 of 4 521 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$6 - US$47
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Excellent quality, very good service service, fair price/quality balance, very good location near the museum area..Reservation is a must !

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Write a ReviewReviews (5 598)

196 - 200 of 5 598 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

A business associate and I decided to eat some seafood and stopped here to eat. The food was excellent, what there was of it. We spent about 40 euros a piece and both left hungry. I ordered the king crab legs and was served 2 legs. That's more like an appetizer than a meal. My business partner also received a very small portion. Neither of us mind paying for a good meal, but if we drop some coin we don't like leaving hungry. The service was excellent, just not enough food.

TheSeafoodBarNL, Guest Relations Manager at The Seafood Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hi there,

We appreciate your feedback. Contrary to what you are saying, it certainly is our mission to also impress people with our food. King crab is an expensive product therefore we indicate on our menu how many grams we serve for what price. I'm sorry to hear that the portion has disappointed you. We take feedback seriously and will discuss this with management. I hope you'll allow us for a rematch. If so, please reserve through cs@theseafoodbar.nl.

I am looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Michelle
Customer Service

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

As Austrians were are normally pretty picky when it comes to good service. But Ryan totally killed it. Best service ever. And the food was amazing too. ✌

TheSeafoodBarNL, Employee at The Seafood Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you so much for passing by! Hope to see you again at The Seafood Bar. If I ever go to Dubai I will come by!

Greetings Ryan

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

The freshest seafood on offer. We had the cooked platter which came with mussels in a red tomato based sauce. Delish! Really amazing busy restaurant where you can watch them create interesting platters that look to good to eat.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

MUST TRY while in Amsterdam! My husband and I went for lunch and we were so pleased with everything about this restaurant. The staff was very attentive and the attention to details is impressive. We both ordered the fish and chips and shared their lobster soup. The lobster soup was so flavorful, fish and chips was just to die for. The fish was so flaky and the breading was thin and fried perfectly. The French fries is just so good that I can order more of it. The salad that came with it was just perfect. Everything was just fabulous!