“Beware!”

Cuisines: Dutch
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 9 October 2021 via mobile

This is the first time I have been duped and disappointed by TripAdvisor reviews. My wife and I had a 1930 reservation on a Saturday. We were seated and waited ~30 minutes before our order was taken. After that we did not receive our food until 2130. I ordered the hamburger and my wife ordered the salmon salad. The hamburger was okay, nothing memorable though. The salmon was actually Lox on salad. When we finally paid, the waitress asked if we did not enjoy the salad and I explained that we thought it would be grilled. I was then informed by the waitress that it was my responsibility to clarify the menu before ordering.

This restaurant is also VERY loud, for dinner at least. When we were seated it was very crowded and loud, and then ~2000 they turned up the stereo to a high level. This is something my wife and I were unaware of, which made it almost impossible to talk during dinner. Due to all of these reason, I would not recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (2 846)

23 - 27 of 2 846 reviews

Reviewed 9 October 2021 via mobile

Great place. Best spareribs in town. Also many other typically Dutch dishes. Service is very friendly and one feels at home straight away.

Reviewed 7 October 2021 via mobile

A very friendly family run restaurant. Both mother and son was serving.
I had the spare ribs and they were very good. Prices was not bad

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 4 October 2021

The food was very nice! Recommend the meat ribs and the typical Dutch food stampstoop. Amazing service, they were super thoughtful

Reviewed 4 October 2021

So, I reserved a table for a few friends to introduce them to Dutch cuisine, however, this was possibly the worst introduction I could have given them. Firstly, they charged nearly 6 euros for a bottle of water. Secondly, I asked for the vegetarian stamppot which is meant to come with vegetarian sausages, but upon arrival of the meal, they said "sorry we don't have any left I hope salad is good enough" well it clearly isn't seen as I didn't order a salad. In what restaurant is salad a replacement for sausages, very disappointed, and no discount despite not getting what I ordered. If I was told that they did not have any I would have simply changed my order, to something I would feel happy paying for. I will not be returning, it is daylight robbery in a cramped dingy restaurant with incompetant staff and pretenious owners.