“Cosy place with great beers and food”
Review of Cafe Katoen

Cafe Katoen
Ranked #860 of 4 521 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch
Neighbourhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Neighbourhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

A nice place close to the dam square!
There is a large variety of local beers which you definatelly should try. The prices are affordable. Nice athmosphere.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

We popped in here after we went to the dungeons. Really yummy hot chocolate and lovely toasties. Great place to sit and people watch

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Had lovely Irish coffee and some sandwiches. Sadly the guy serving us was a bit weird and when he brought me an Irish coffee with ton of whipped cream (was no words about it in menu and he didn’t tell us as well) I asked him to bring me without whipped cream and he was a bit angry and didn’t serve us anymore. Except this everything was nice

Reviewed 1 January 2018

A fantastic eetcafe with delicious tosti‘s and fantastic soup. In short Common food, but deliciously prepared. Whenever I am in Amsterdam, I try to go there to eat something and enjoy the casual atmosphere of the cafe. It reminds me of my student time eating great food for little money. Absolutely worth a visit.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

While we didn't eat here (though the food looked nice), this place is ideal for a few drinks before heading out for the night. The atmosphere was lively but friendly and the staff were great. The decor is super too, but those chandeliers could do with a polish.