“Nice beer terrible staff”
Review of Het IJ

Het IJ
Ranked #130 of 599 things to do in Amsterdam
Reviewed 3 April 2017

We went on the brewery tour, we speacialy ask if we can go in with our 2 years old daughter ( If they say no I would totally understand that ) but thay say no problem.
In 10 minutes our daughter ask 2 time question, our tour guide simply just told us that is bothering him and he can not continue like this.
I totally understand if a children can not be in quiet i would immediately go out with my daughter. But she was in quite only ask 2 questions in 10 minutes.
Even the group on the tour told our guide that she does not bothering at all.
I find it really rude.
The service is really poor, when you order a beer at the bar you kind of feel like that they doing you a favorite by serving you.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

If you visit Amsterdam for more than one day, you should visit this brewery, because this place is typically Dutch. The beer is tasty, but you'll love it not just because of that but because of atmosphere, many foreign tourists and cheese/sausages menus.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

My favorite beer pub / micro brewery! The best beer a definite must for anyone who likes beer! Go early, it closes at 20:00.

1  Thank Edwin B
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Met up with a few friends where the bar is situated attached to the Windmill de Gooyer.

Seems to be a local spot although quite touristy given it is on the Hop on Hop Off bus route. A variety of ales are available and wine. No spirits are served at the establishment.

Overall a nice place to visit and have a drink or a few snacks.

1  Thank Robert S
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 May 2016

I would have to echo the comments of others, that the beer is good, but the service is terrible.

I had a similar experience to "Louise P" a few weeks ago. My partner and I went in to order a tasting paddle on our day of cycling to various city landmarks. I went on in and asked at the bar for a Tasting Paddle, to which the crude person behind the bar replied that there was no glasses left so he couldn't sell me any beer... What? I mean he literally just turned around after saying that and went back to talking to his friend, who also worked behind the bar.

After that, we eventually pushed for it again and he pointed at an empty table outside in the Beer Garden and said to go and pick up their paddle and bring it back so that he could use their glasses (hopefully after washing them).

I did that, by the time I came back, he had conjured up some more glasses and was pouring out the sample pot. Disappointing as they are known for their beer from the sounds of it, but the service left a sour taste in our mouths.

If you like the beer, there are plenty of places around the city that sell both the bottles and the draught. Do your self a favour and seek out one of these places instead - the only thing unique about this place is the windmill and you can see that from outside.

1  Thank Kurt P