“SATURDAY NIGHT IN AMSTERDAM”
Review of Lion Noir

Lion Noir
Reserve with
Lion Noir is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #527 of 4 445 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I thought I would choose a quirky restaurant in this quirky city. It was a 15 minute walk on a cold evening but worth it. When we got to the road the restaurant was in the place was buzzing with bars , clubs and the smell of wacky backy everywhere. I think we got high walking through it ! The place itself had a pub feel as you walk in. The table wasn't ready so we sat on a sofa people watching. Soon after we were escorted upstairs via this steep spiral staircase ( when we left we came down a normal staircase at the front). It was like walking into a collectors display room. Random items were all over the place. You kept looking round as to what you could spot next. the food was unusual and wasn't sure what to order. Saying that what we had was well prepared and presented.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Great restaurant on Reguliersdwarsstraat. I particularly like the cocktail area downstairs with its dark green colors, fireplace, and stuffed animals, but the restaurant upstairs is also great.

You do not see many trendy restaurants using linnen on the tables, but I think this absolutely adds something really nice to dinner at Lion Noir.

Food is great, service is great. Definitely go!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Booked table for 8.30pm. Arrive 8.30pm. Main course arrives at 10pm. Food indifferent (being polite) wine monstrously overpriced. Never again.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I attended a business event at Lion Noir. The restaurant was reserved for our group. They served a walking dinner. The food was of excellent quality, the staff was super friendly and the dessert included the best brownie I ever had: dark chocolate brownie with caramel and sea salt. Because of the excellent walking dinner I am very excited to go back and have a ''normal'' dinner at Lion Noir, obviously with the brownie for dessert!

Reviewed 6 March 2018

When you enter the place a cool bar welcomes you and you go cooler upstairs for dinner saloon. I order 5 course chef menü which is delicious but no so suprising at the end of the day. My wife ordered a started and main course and really loved her food. Wine selection is limited but very well picked. We tried a perfect bottle of Coppola which is not very common in Europe and it was perfect. Staff and the service was really great with many thanks. Recommended...