Reviews (1 109)
1 109 results
All reviews rembrandt square great location tram stop sister hotel within walking distance central location restaurants and bars mini bar flower market noisy at night large windows main attractions city tax easy access decent hotel stayed here for nights red light district
13 - 18 of 1 109 reviews
Reviewed 23 September 2018

This hotel is very conveniently located when visiting the IBC Show which takes place 3 kilometres away at the RAI Convention Centre. The tram to RAI leaves from less than 50 meters from the hotel entrance.
For evening activities the hotel is perfectly and centrally located and is close to hundreds of different bars and restaurants (and coffee shops).
Check-in was painless and early check-in was possible for some of our group.
The room was clean and adequate in size. The bathroom was a little small and cramped but not a major issue. Cupboard space is more than sufficient and a large TV is available for those wanting to spend time in the room.
Breakfast (included in our rate) was more than sufficient. Good variety of options on offer.
Check-out was equally painless.
The staff overall were very friendly and helpful - thought this needed a special mention.

Room Tip: Rooms facing North (away from square) are best.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear Paul D,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any help or information.

Floor Struik
Assistant Hotel Director

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Four (4) families traveled together, so we booked in advance of our visit. We found the rooms to be dated which wasn’t much of an issue. The rooms were dirty with dust everywhere. Even when squeezing the pillows you could smell dust coming out of them. One of the families found mold under the bed sheets (attached photo). They complained and to their amazement, the hotel staff admitted to having prior knowledge of it but were unable to clear it in time. Put them up in the room anyway. It took quite a bit of persistence to have them moved to another room. We stayed a total of three (3) nights. On the last night we were awoken to sound of furniture being dragged around above us at 3 am. I called the front desk to demand they take care if it. Again, in complete astonishment, the front desk admitted he probably knows what the source of the noise was. So how do they know and let it go on is beyond disbelief. Definitely not a guest upstairs redecorating the room. This was my first experience with this hotel chain, and will be the last time.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Joolean
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Joolean,

Thank you for the trust given to our hotel while choosing us for your stay at Amsterdam.
We regret we did not cover your expectations and would like tot thank you for the comments regarding the many areas we should improve on.

I am very worried about the customer service provided as one of our main objectives is to provide an excellent customer service. I discussed your review in to detail with the management team to ensure this experience is not repeated with future guests of the hotel. This matter will be followed up and additional training for all concerned will be given.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you.
Thanks again for your comments and we hope that you give us a second chance, to show you that we are able to provide a better service.

Yours sincerely,
Floor Struik
Assistant Hotel Director

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Nice hotel in a convenient area however the standard of the cleaning in the room was unacceptable. The furniture was covered in dust and apart from the bed being made, there was no other effort made to cleaning the room. Even forgot to give us clean towels one morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a back room
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Peter G,

Thank you for staying with us in Amsterdam, we hope you have enjoyed your stay.
Unfortunately we did not meet your expactations, this is not our standard of cleaning. I will discus this with the housekeeping team.
I can understand that you were upset about this. Please inform us next time immediately during your stay that we can solve this issue as soon as possible.

We hope you consider to give us or another NH hotel worldwide a second chance.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

A quaint hotel on the Rembrandt Plein with a tram stop right outside the door.
Easy access to most of the highlights and only a 15 minute walk to the station if you don’t want to spend the 3 euro fare
Rooms are not large but sufficient for the traveller.
Staff are very helpful and the breakfast is very good

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank neilr979

Dear Neil R,
Thank you for leaving your feedback regarding your stay with us.
Good to hear that you have enjoyed your stay. Wonderfull to hear that our staff is very helpful. I will share this with my team.
We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I was there for two nights and I payed the city tax for both nights and when I did the check out they asked me for pay the city tax again!!
For two nights I payed around 50€ but I need to pay it TWO TIMES!

The person who clean the rooms start to knock the door around 10 am even that the check out is at 12.
The fist day I put the sign of “don’t disturb” and she opened the door for ask.

NH is a good brand but this wasn’t my best experience

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
BartvandenHauten, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Caransa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear Gina,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
Unfortunately we didn't met your expectations. This is not our standard and I will discus this with the housekeeping team.

Then about the payment, we only ask for a guarantee of 50 euro's by checking in. This is just a block on the card. After you check out you will receive the money back. If it's still not done yet, please contact us by sending an email: nhcaransa@nh-hotels.com
Then their is the city tax, its a local tax which the government ask every tourist to pay.

We hope you consider to give us or another NH hotel worldwide a second chance.