“Private Tour of Keukenhof and Dutch Countryside”

Private Holland Tours
Ranked #60 of 406 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Holland Tours is specialized in affordable private guided tours for active singles, couples, families and small groups. I heartily welcome travelers from all countries of the world.My walking tours in Amsterdam often depart from the usual tourist routes, showing you the medieval city. Driving through the countryside I usually take the small scenic roads, thus giving you a better sense of Holland's rural environment.Professionalism, care and fun, plus my friendship are the cornerstones of my tours.Raymond Vandenburg, private driver/guide.
Reviewed 31 March 2016

We took a full day tour with Ray to Keukenhof Gardens and the Dutch countryside. The tour included a small fishing town and learning about wooden shoes and cheese making.

If I had one word for Ray it's warm. He connected with everyone in the family and showed us things that we were interested in. We all enjoyed hearing his first hand accounts of Cruijff since we only get clips of him on youtube. He gave us a feeling of the real character of the Netherlands.

I would never skip the tourist destinations but I would save a a day to spend with Ray. You will learn more than you ever could reading placards at the museum.

1  Thank Steven H
RayTours, Owner at Private Holland Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2016

Dear Steven,
Thank you for your great review. It was a pleasure to show you our national flower garden Keukenhof and some quaint sites in the countryside side. I really liked that your children loved the places we've visited and that they loved the dutch pancake. I'm looking forward to meeting you again in the nearby future. Ray Vandenburg, Private Holland Tours.

There are newer reviews for Private Holland Tours

Reviewed 24 March 2016

We are four writers (and university professors) who, while visiting Amsterdam, wanted to have a taste of the towns nearby. We focused on Delft (for its history with the House of Orange, and its charm) as well as on Leiden (for its garden--the Hortus Botanicus--and for the renowned university, and poems inscribed on the city's walls). We asked Ray to design a day-tour for us and also to help find a first-class restaurant for lunch (and we invited him to join us for lunch at our expense, which we did with all our tour guides and it is a wonderful way to have a relaxed conversation and to find out more about the local culture). Ray did a superb job on every count---he arrived right on time everywhere and kept us moving through our schedule but in a relaxed way, he took us to exactly the kinds of (non-touristy) places we wanted to see, had a great sense of how to walk through these towns so we could get an overview of them. And lunch---at Le Vieux Jean in Delft---was one of the best meals we had anywhere, it is an expensive restaurant but worth every euro. Ray (who was born in Leiden) is an experienced and smart guide, a delightful companion all day, and very knowledgeable about the area. Tell him what kind of things you want to know about, and he will design a tour that meets your needs. We could not have asked for a more delightful day. If we find ourselves back in Amsterdam, he will be guiding us again! And, it turns out, he's a writer too! Buy his mysteries on Amazon!

1  Thank JohannaKeller
RayTours, Owner at Private Holland Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Dear Johanna,
Thank you so much for the rave review. I really appreciated your interest in our country and knowlegde of our founding fathers. It was a pleasure to show you my home town and felt a glow of pride as the four of you stopped walking and gazed at the Rapenburg canals and historic homes.
That's what it's all about: showing and telling you the hidden and well kept treasures of Holland.
I sure hope to meeting you all back in my country in the nearby future. All the best with your reading, writing and classes. Regards, Ray Vandenburg.

Reviewed 30 November 2015

One of the best decisions we made on our (my girlfriend and myself) trip to Amsterdam this November was to sign up for this tour.

Ray is a great guide and this tour is a must for anyone looking to not just have the stock Amsterdam experience, but delve a little deeper into the history, traditions and life of the Dutch.

2  Thank Akshay K
Reviewed 7 October 2015

We had a few days in Amsterdam prior to a cruise. My husband and I wanted to see the countryside but did not want to join a large group tour. Raymond was fantastic! His insight, history, and general knowledge helped to make the day perfect. Also, his command of the English language was amazing. I was partially frustrated with a hip issue(having surgery soon) so Raymond made a point of a slower pace or bringing us closer to the sights. Can't wait to go back again and have Holland Private tours show us more of the Netherlands.

5  Thank travelagentnancy
Reviewed 27 August 2015

Five of us had a two day layover in Amsterdam and decided we wanted to see the countryside one day. We signed up for the Countryside & Lake tour with Ray. He was an excellent guide. Answered all of our questions on the country, took us to fun, local restaurants and knew all of the great photo locations. I highly recommend a tour with Ray.

2  Thank Doug T