“Great choice for a different Christmas dinner”
Review of Midtown Grill

Midtown Grill
Reserve with
Midtown Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 4 561 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$9 - US$172
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Amsterdam's best address for steaks, chops and seafood. Inspired by the tradition of the quintessential New York steakhouses, Midtown Grill is serving up finest USDA certified steaks, irresistible classics and an extensive selection of world class wines. At Midtown Grill the emphasis is on pureness, simplicity, fresh ingredients and quality, which is why the restaurant works with the most premium meat kinds among which the unmatched Creekstone Farms prime USDA certified beef fillet. The restaurant has a warm ambiance with a vibrant view of the bustling part of Amsterdam between the Vondelpark and the Leidseplein. All senses are stimulated here, by the vibrant environment as well as the open kitchen and personal service. #MeatMeAtMidtown
Reviewed 30 December 2016

We were on a Christmas break to Amsterdam and decided to book Midtown Grill for our dinner on Christmas Day. It was an excellent choice for a special meal for steak lovers.

We were welcomed by Claudia and served by Orham who were both friendly and professional.

The food was delicious. I had filet mignon and DH and adult son shared a T-bone. Sides were not huge but we found four; fries, rosemary potatoes, creamed spinach and a salad were just right for the three of us.
Only two of us managed desserts. We had chocolate brownie and creme brulee. Both were very good.

Finally, all diners were given a complementary marshmallow, and burner for the table to toast. I'm not sure whether that was just for Christmas or happens all the time. It was a fun end to the meal.

This was not an inexpensive meal but very reasonable value for the quality of the food and the service. Definitely somewhere we would be tempted to return to next time we are in Amsterdam.

JanKerkhoff, Food & Beverage Supervisor at Midtown Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2017

Dear Beth,

On behalf of Claudia, Orhan and the whole service and culinary team, I would like to thank you for this amazing review.
It makes us very happy to read that you enjoyed the friendly and professional service as well as our steaks and that we made you Christmas break in Amsterdam more special.

Looking forward to welcome you back to Midtown Grill.

Jan Kerkhoff

Write a ReviewReviews (1 448)

422 - 426 of 1 448 reviews

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Took my partner here for her 40th birthday and ordered flowers and cake in advance, without any bother or issues (see my review of Zaza's!)
Service was amazing, so friendly and attentive and the flowers they managed to get were incredible. Food was spot on, not cheap, but great fine dining even though it is just a steakhouse
Would recommend

1  Thank Pier P

Dear Guest,

We are very enthusiastic to read that you we could arrange a great evening for your partners birthday at the Midtown Grill and you enjoyed the service as well as the steaks.
It made us all feel very proud, Thank you!

We look forward to your next visit as well.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Came here for my partners birthday. After we were running over an hour late they still managed to sit us & wait on us above and beyond. The food was amazing. I couldn't recommend more. Our waiters where Claudia & Gino and they were brilliant!!

1  Thank Leanne M

Dear Leanne,

On behalf of Claudia and Gino, I would like to thank you for this amazing review.
I am delighted to read that you an amazing dining experience.

Looking forward to welcome you back to Midtown Grill on your next trip to Amsterdam.

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

My wife and I dined here and had a magnificent dining experience. Starting out with an onion soup and crab cakes it was quite obvious Midtown Grill was a restaurant of quality. Appetizers had us anticipating the arrival of our steaks. My wife the Dutch, dry aged, Holstein filet mignon and for myself, the dry aged ribeye. Both steaks were exceptional and cook perfectly. The mashed potatoes were a perfect pairing. The food made for a great meal, but our server, Rodrigo, made for an EXCELLENT experience. He was friendly, professional and quite knowledgeable about the local Dutch whiskey's, which satisfied the whiskey connoisseur inside of me. Midtown Grill is second to none. Can't praise the food or Rodrigo enough. If you're in Amsterdam visit the Midtown Grill and hope to have Rodrigo as your host!

Dear Guest,

On behalf of Rodrigo and the whole service & culinary team, I would like to thank you for this amazing review.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed our appetizers and our steaks and had a magnificent dining experience with us.

Looking forward to welcome you back in near future to Midtown Grill.

Reviewed 23 December 2016

Excellent service from Kelly, Carmen and Rodrigo. Food and drinks are awesome! Salads, pasta and steaks are all very fine. Welcoming place for world travelers.

Vittoria B, Manager at Midtown Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience at the Midtown Grill.

We are very happy to read your feedback about your dinner and service.

I hope that you will get the chance to visit us again very soon.

Best regards,