“A wonderfully modern apartment in a beautiful...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Kitchen
Bathroom
Shower
Outdoor
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
richrob68
Bradford, United Kingdom
“A wonderfully modern apartment in a beautiful, central location.”
Reviewed 30 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013
people found this review helpful

We stayed for three nights in this fantastic apartment after reading glowing reviews and looking at the great reviewer photographs. It lived up to our high expectations completely and utterly, and we are definitely considering booking another stay in the future.
It is in a typical old Amsterdam canal-side townhouse, but a very tasteful modernisation has rendered it extremely comfortable, and it has been made homely and individual with prints, arty bric-a-brac and books.
The bed was absolutely huge and took up the whole of the small bedroom to the rear, but once you climbed in, it offered a wondeful night's sleep. The bathroom had an excellent shower and a nice selection of toiletries.
Minne was there to welcome us and answer any questions we had. He had very good advice on what to see that might not be on the average tourist's radar. The nearby hidden courtyard being a good example - don't miss it! There was an impressive selection of guide books for guests' use, as well as recommendations for local restaurants to suit any budget. Minne was also very understanding when we had to slightly extend our check-out time because we had booked tickets to see Anne Frank's house on the last morning.
As for the location, it really can't be beaten. It is in a part of town which does not have very many hotels, but absolutely loads of beauty and character, with fascinating shops and lots of bars, restaurants and cafes on the doorstep. At the same time you never felt far from any of the major attractions, and we got around just fine on foot and by jumping on and off the (incredibly frequent) trams.
To sum up, a great place to stay if you want to feel a part of a beautiful city. It was my first time in Amsterdam, and I'm sure I'll be back. (My partner had been before and didn't need any persuading!) It weaves quite a spell, and this apartment only added to the magic.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location
Liked least: The size of the bedroom
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Mississauga

Reviewed 11 September 2012 for a stay in May 2012

SC
Reviewed 11 July 2012 for a stay in April 2012

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing