“Amazing place ”

Japanse Restaurant Genki
Ranked #409 of 4 474 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

We reserved this place before even arriving in Amsterdam ...
It was Kings-day festivities and we didn’t want to risk it ..
Well .. this restaurant was amazing , excellent value and superb food and plenty of choice ...
All you can eat is exceptional value for money
My husbands first time trying sushi and he loved it

Reviewed 24 April 2018

After a week of exploring and eating delicious dinners and lunches, I decided to have my last evening meal be at the all you can eat Japenese restaurant located directly across from the Guest House I was staying in.

I had been eyeballing it all week.
All.
You.
Can.
Eat.

So I did it. The sushi is only okay. Not the best or freshest fish, but certainly edible and safe. The rice was a litle dry. The steak, fried squid, and yaki udon were delicious. Despite the sushi not being that great, I ate my money's worth!

1  Thank Leilani M
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Really liked, deal lunch for me and my husband.
We arrived for a late lunch and they still have a great service and food. For sure we’d indicate for a friend

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Usually low priced meals are not exceptionally tasty but here everything is excellent. Ranging from the edamame to the Temakis (crispy leaves !) sushis, tenderloins, prawns etc .. To top it all, we found the best waiter of Amsterdam. A young man of Chinese origin who is a hell of a guy attentive to all your needs, helpful, fun, fast and very considerate.
The only negative spot is the back garden which is in a terrible muddy state .. not at all like the pictures appearing on Trip advisor,

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

The sushi/Japanese food is really good. However regarding quantities, they said they are an all you can eat but actually you are restricted proportion wise.
Also be careful, they make you pay 5€ for a bottle of water, because apparently they do no serve tap water lol