Reviews (7 978)
3 882
2 824
3 882
2 824
All reviews sky lounge the executive lounge double tree warm cookies apple tv great location rooftop bar guest services train tracks city view floor to ceiling windows top floor river cruise modern hotel amsterdam centraal excellent hotel early check
275 - 280 of 7 978 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Honors check-in handled efficiently. Had to leave bags in a meeting room on first floor until room was ready. No problem, until we went back to the front desk several hours later to find out what room we were assigned. We went back to get the bags and the meeting/storage room was locked up. Finally found the bags next to the guest service desk. Why didn't the front desk have some idea that the storage room would be locked in the evening (8:00 'ish) and inform us before we went upstairs? The reception area is cavernous and noisy. Room on 'Honors' Level was average. Bathroom was well-designed. For some reason, unknown to anyone from this century, the hair dryer is located in the bottom drawer of the wardrobe on the other side of the room. There was plenty of shelf space in the bathroom to keep the hair dryer, so why would you have to go to the wardrobe to get it? The 'TV' is actually the 14-inch screen of an Apple computer. I bet that even in the remotest, smallest town in Nebraska, the local motel offers a full size TV. I'm not in Amsterdam to watch TV, but I expect a normal TV in any Hilton brand hotel. The remote control is very small (and instantly lost in the bedding), and not designed to be used by larger hands. The Honors floor is on the ninth floor, so expect to have noise in some rooms from the club on a floor above. No one at the front desk advised me of this, even though I had requested a 'Quiet' room when I reserved. C'mon front desk - you represent Hilton to guests. I suspect management is at fault - it's their responsibility to motivate the staff. The best part of this hotel is the location - very convenient to the beautiful and interesting city of Amsterdam and next door to Centraal Station.

Room Tip: If you want a city view, (not a courtyard view) expect to pay more.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Neil D
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent stay in Amsterdam! I am glad that you were pleased with our location, but regret that we missed the opportunity to have made your visit even more comfortable for you. Please know that I will share your feedback within our teams in order to make improvements where possible. Thank you for this! You have given me and my team the opportunity to learn from you so we can improve our services for our future guest!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station is a nice hotel an easy walk from the main train station. We liked everything about it except the ironclad check-in policy. We arrived from the U.S. at 9:30 am and were not allowed to check in until after 3 pm (the strongly enforced check-in time). Fortunately, we were able to check our bags there but, as there is no seating in the lobby, we were forced to spend several hours wandering around in the rain after our long travels.

Stayed: April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay here in our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and found our location convenient for your visit. In regards to the check in time. Please know that if we have the availability for an early check in we will of course allow our guests to check in early with out an additional charge. I am sorry that this was not possible on the day of your arrival.

Hopefully you will be kind to visit us again in the near future so we can show you the high level of service you expected from us. My team and I will be looking forward to your return!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

The breakfasts in the Doubletree are terrific and made thoroughly enjoyable when one has contact with engaging, helpful, friendly staff like Eleanora from Italy, now Amsterdam.
The food range is good and the quality excellent!
The hotel is in a very central location but the disparity between room price and what is offered makes me feel that their marketing department is not doing their job well!
If you want happy customers then give them the value they expect to get for the amount of money they hand over.
Cynical me believes the Hotel doesn’t care for tourists as they can gouge their business customers as much as they like and so tough luck if you happen to be a tourist!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rugbynred

Dear Guest,

I am glad to read from your feedback that you fully enjoyed your Breakfast experience as well as were pleased with the service our teams provided you. Thank you for sharing this! However I am sorry to not have met your further expectations and regret that you did not feel that your stay was worth the value. Please know that the prices of our rooms depend on the availability as well as the room type you have chosen.

Hopefully you will be kind to visit us again in the near future so we can make it right and exceed your expectations for your future visit!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

A room with a view was ordered and I was given a triangular shaped room with a window just over a metre wide. It was depressing!

Basic room and I really hated it - glad only there for two nights.

Good location however I assume only a Mathematician who loves obtuse triangles would love the room I was given.....

Stayed: June 2018
3  Thank Sonny1965

Dear Guest,

My sincere apologies if we did not meet your expectations in regards to your room. Next time already during your stay please do not hesitate to share your feedback with us. If we had known that your stay with us was not to your liking we would have assigned another room for you that would have better met your expectations.

Hopefully you will be kind to visit us again in the future and be kind to give us another opportunity to make it right with you!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

The hotel is near everything you want in the tourist part of Amsterdam and only a short walk from the train station. Amazing!

The front desk staff, including the customer service and concierge people are super friendly and helpful and were a delight. Unfortunately, their internal communications and ability to make the people that work in the rest of the hotel actually help guests is limited to say the least.

Example. Day 1, I arrive and notice hair all over the floor in the room and by the window. I go downstairs to talk to the staff and receive all sorts of assurances the room will be cleaned. I go to dinner and return. The hair remains....I go downstairs again and receive the same assurance. Result, nothing though the drink voucher was nice) Not until my third attempt did someone from housekeeping come and actually clean the floor.

My experience with toiletries and other amenities (shaving kit, etc) met with the same result.

So what do I remember of the Hotel, the hair, and unmet promises to remove said hair. Otherwise a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank nunurbiz0011

Dear Guest,

It is great to read that you enjoyed the service our Front of House teams provided you! However I regret that this did not extend to our Housekeeping team and I am very sorry for the inconveniences you had with the cleanliness of your room as well as the follow you needed to do to get this fixed! This is certainly not the high level of service we aim to provided and once again I am very sorry that you experienced your stay as such!