“Highlight of our Amsterdam stay!”
Review of Joy Ride Tours

Joy Ride Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Owner-operated Amsterdam bike tours that entertain and enlighten, delivered with a passion for beautiful Amsterdam. Located on Museumplein behind The Rijks Museum, meeting in front of the reflecting pool. We specialize in bespoke Private Tours, or book online via our website and save 3 Euros for our Public Countryside Tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I don't write too many reviews, but had to for this! We did the tour with Antwan and were so impressed! His promptness and professionalism of a guide were truly appreciated. I loved how this tour went through, but then OUTSIDE the tourist area. We so appreciated being guided around, since inside the city is CRAZINESS and we needed no map, just Antwan. His assistants were also helpful in answering questions when we got back. I also am glad we pre-booked this online before we left the US. Thanks again to JoyRide

All reviews
"wooden shoes"
in 10 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 17 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 15 reviews
in 6 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We did this tour on our last day in Amsterdam. We had travelled outside of the city multiple times prior. The tour guide was very informative, not only about where we were going and what we were going to see. He truly had an in depth knowledge of the history of the Netherlands, the geography And about the people of this wonderful country. It is a bit hair raising trying to cycle writhing the city, however the tour is mostly out of the city, in the neighborhood. He took us to a windmill as well as a cheese farm .

1  Thank kulatungasudhira
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a great tour. There were 8 of us and all had a great time. No worries if you aren't an avid rider as the tour is easy to handle. Antoine was a great leader. Super knowledgeable and fun to be around. We saw all the great sides of the countryside in one fantastic day.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

If you're considering a bike tour in Amsterdam - do this one, hands down! It's a small company who really knows their stuff and focuses on the experience of the visitors - not running a large company!

My husband and I booked a private tour so it was just the two of us on the tour with our guide, Antoine. This option gave us some flexibility as far as speed of the ride, where we wanted to go, etc. So we loved this option but a group tour would be great, too.

We did a little in the city just to get out of town, through beautiful parks and out in to the country a bit. Since it was just us - we were able to cycle a bit faster and make it to a nearby town (this is a little further than the regular groups go). We stopped at a Dutch farm where it was just us (I'm sure this also isn't always the case - we got lucky) where we were taught by the cutest Dutch woman how to make cheese and clogs. She was darling.

We kept riding to town and also stopped at a classic windmill which I loved.

I had emailed in before we came and let them know I loved World War II history so Antoine was great at giving us as much history as possible in our tour. He was SUPER knowledgeable about all kinds of history which made the tour even better. We even stopped by an extermination site memorial on our way back that I never would have seen without him!

It rains a lot in Amsterdam. It happened to rain on our bike tour and it was no big deal at all. (It was light, steady rain the whole time). It's totally doable in the rain!

As long as you're comfortable on a bike, you're good on this tour. It isnt hard at all as far as needing to be in great shape. And the guides are super great at making sure the group is safe and together and comfortable.

Would absolutely recommend this company and this experience in Amsterdam!