“to know about open mic”
Review of Labyrinth

Labyrinth
Reserve with
Labyrinth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #489 of 4 619 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Description: Labyrinth is a cocktail /soulfood & poetry bar located near the Vondelpark in Amsterdam. Labyrinth has an open-minded and cosy atmosphere, where you can hang out with friends and meet new people. We serve great cocktails and soulfood. Try and taste one of our delicious cocktails from the cocktailmenu ‘Shaker why don’t you Sing’. Labyrinth is the only poetry bar in Amsterdam. Regular poetry & spoken word sessions are organised. If you like to celebrate your birthday or join a cocktailworkshop? Get in touch with Labyrinth.
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Greetings!
My self Rupini, Im from India, I work for a record label studio and our artist is taking a tour around in Europe.
So I would like to know if you have open mic night, so he can perform with his guitar.
He is a Indie Rock Poet and singer.
It would be really great if you can help me out.
Thank you.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 13 September 2018

We had read about Labyrinth and it sounded like a fun off the beaten place kind of place. The food was delicious soul food that truly soothed my soul - made with care and great flavors. Now, the cocktails were some of the best I have ever had. Watching Sam make our drinks was like watching an artist create a masterpiece. And the flavors - off the chart experience for my taste buds. Excellent combination of ingredients with attention to every detail. Service was great. All around great experience and can't wait to to return.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant three times, once with my mom, the second time with my mom and my boyfriend and the last time (last night) with my boyfriend and his parents. All three times I have left the restaurant completely satisfied. The drinks are simply amazing - I definitely suggest Wild Nights, in the pictures - and the food is truly “soul food” - plenty of vegetarian and vegan options, I particularly loved the steamed okra, the jacked sweet potato and the gyoza dumplings, and from what I heard from the other non-vegetarians the chicken wings and the prawns were delicious too. Besides food and drinks, the atmosphere is warm and cozy, I loved the poems from MeP (an initiative founded in Italy called “movement for the emancipation of poetry”) all over the place and I also enjoyed the music on a Saturday during Blues night. This place is truly a rare pearl and I am not exaggerating when I say that it is probably my favorite place in Amsterdam. Thank you for creating something so amazing!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

If you want the best cocktail in Amsterdam, Sam is your man. Not only are they crafted with care, the ingredients blend together so perfectly and still preserve that flavor you are searching for. Sam will check in on you to make sure he’s making the drinks to your liking which I always appreciate in a good bartender. Our waitress neither neglected nor hovered over us while we ate. She was wonderful. Gave us great food recommendations and was very professional.
The menu has great variety among small plates and the flavors were delicious.
The ambiance is a little dark, more lighting may make it a more inviting place.
Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Amsterdam in search of good cocktails and tapas.

Date of visit: August 2018
Geertruda2014, Manager at Labyrinth, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Thanks so much for your review bourbon brat! Great that you enjoyed Labyrinth the food and the cocktails served by mixologist Sam. Note that we are working on the lights indeed, thank you.
Warm regards
Team Labyrinth

Reviewed 19 August 2018

This was my first visit to Labyrinth and fell in love with this establishment. It far exceeded the recommendations from others. It reminds me of the 50's hangouts in San Francisco and City Lights and those great bars and hangouts. The atmosphere hits as soon as you step through the door. This night there was a great little jazz group playing. Then the STAR of the night Miss McNaughty appeared on stage. She holds the audience in the palm of her hand. Her poetry covers a wide range of subjects, and they are thought provocating. A perfect evening.

Date of visit: June 2018