“Happy to leave”
Review of Grizzly

Grizzly
Ranked #405 of 4 472 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$3 - US$17
Neighbourhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Description: Grizzly is a American restaurant & bar the city centre of Amsterdam at the Warmoesstraat 64. Grizzly serves you delicious American dishes with Salmon, Grilled Chicken, Burgers, Steaks, Pancakes and Mac & Cheese. Next to that Grizzly also serves a fine selection of wines, beers and liquors.
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Before writing this, I checked other reviews to see if I would be the only one to say this but I found one waitress (blonde hair) to be very rude and miserable. We went in to watch a World Cup match and sat at a table. When we said we only wanted drinks, she looked disgusted and said we’d have to move to the bar area if people wanted our table to eat, which was fine - totally acceptable. When she came over with our drinks, she gave me the wrong one but after how she was with us, I didn’t dare say anything.

When we got moved to the bar, we were sat directly in front of a tv which hurt our necks to look up (imagine you’re sat on the very front row at the cinema - it was like that). There were two tables behind me - one that was two stools and the other was the table of four that we were sat on. There were a few occasions where the same rude waitress kept knocking in to me, which I thought was just because she was carrying food but when she wasn’t, she made no attempt to not knock me. I noticed that it was just her doing this as no other member of staff or customer were knocking in to me. This might seem like a small thing but when it keeps happening and you’re already uncomfortable, it doesn’t make a great experience.

When it was half time, we left and I’m glad we did.

1  Thank Dani92xo

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We enjoyed our visit here. The bartender was courteous, helpful and fun. The food was better than expected. Wings were excellent and so was the Mac and cheese. Would definitely recommend it

1  Thank paulfleck2018
Reviewed 13 June 2018

I went here with my husband during a weekend break to Amsterdam. We chose this place purely because it was pouring with rain and we didn't want to get any wetter and wanted to get indoors!

I chose the Tenderloin steak which I haven't had before. It was gorgeous. I asked for rare and it was definitely rare, unlike some places, who seem to overcook steaks.

My husband had a burger, which he said was also very nice.

This was a great find. I wish we'd found it before our last night.

1  Thank Samphe
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Situated perfectly in between Red light district and shoping streets..very cosy and old style wood decorated eatery.
Service was fast, food great , free wifi..nice wine selection--what else to ask for?
Recomended-and I will be back too!

1  Thank ivanmrav
Reviewed 7 June 2018

We ended up eating here twice in 4 days as it was so good
The ribs are incredible, the burgers are cooked to perfection
Staff are attentive , prices are reasonable and you definitely get value for money

1  Thank batchelorpads