“Great food ”
Review of Zus en Zus

Zus en Zus
Reserve with
Zus en Zus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #651 of 4 630 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vondelpark
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Really delicious food, nice atmosphere, great for meeting with friends. The cod and duck breasts were especially good.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

A group of three of us dined here on Kings Day where they were serving a more limited menu than normal but we each had a beef dish which included vegetables and home made potato chips/fries for around €18. All three main courses were tasty and the waitress and service in general were good.

It is not a fancy restaurant but a good local restaurant with simple decor and recommended overall

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We went here because we were staying nearby and the reviews were good. We were not looking for fine dining but we wanted a good dinner. Zus & Zus fit the bill. The decor and prices said to relax. The food was very well prepared and the service was just right. I had fish which is always a test of the kitchen and it was perfectly prepared.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 25 July 2017

I was fortunate to ride with 130 Canadians on a recent Charity Bike Ride to Northern France and Belgium on behalf of Wounded Warriors Canada. Being so close to Holland, and living so far away, I decided to extend my trip by a few days into Holland.My goal was to find Memorials to Canadian Troops who fought on Dutch soil. An added benefit was that the dining results were fantastic, I arrived in Amsterdam on June 19th and for the next four evenings I had Dinner at Zuz & Zus. Normally, I would eat the evening meal in one place one night and try another the next, etc.etc. That said the first evening's meal was so good, perfectly cooked lamb kebabs marinated in a pesto sauce and then grilled to perfection, accompanied by the BEST French Fries , I have ever eaten and a perfect portion of grilled crunchy, fresh, mouth watering vegetables ( preceded by a wonderful beet salad),,,,that I went back the next night for the Rib-Eye special ( again perfect!!). Evening Three was a perfect portion of Cod with the same PERFECT fries and vegetable accompaniments and the last night of my stay I ordered the Guinea Fowl, which I could have had with rice and quinoa, but you guessed it, opted for the PERFECT fries and vegetables. Each meal was a five out of five. Perfectly cooked, extremely well presented and very,very good value as to cost. The Owner is Silvia, A charming Brazilian lady from Sao Paulo who is married to a Dutch gentleman. Silvia runs the enterprise and is a sensational chef to say the least. Cocktails, wine and beer are readily available and again present as very good value. Top your meal off with one of Silvia's desserts or a Cappucino or both!. I can honestly say that this small , cosy place will treat your taste buds and your wallet to an experience you will always remember! Take the time to find this hidden gem, take Tram # I from just outside Grand Centraal Station. Zus & Zus is seriously worth your time.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank VictoriaFanofMaui
Reviewed 23 July 2017

All you need to know about this restaurant is that the food is of the highest quality. Lovely fresh ingredients. Perfectly cooked. Small menu catering for both carnivores and vegetarians. Very friendly, relatively informal restaurant. Can't recommend enough.

Date of visit: July 2017