“Poor Spanish food quality and pricey”
Review of Si Senor Tapasbar

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Si Senor Tapasbar
Ranked #388 of 480 Restaurants in Eindhoven
Reviewed 16 January 2017

We were a group of 8 people from different countries including Spain, Italy, The Netherlands, and Colombia. The overall impression was not good at all.

Despite the fact we were not so many people in the restaurant, the service was slow and sometimes we were waiting for the next courses (we went for the option of the fixed menu with different courses). The first thing we tried was a kind of tomate sauce with capers and some hot spice. In my opinion this was the only worthy thing of the entire meal. The rest of the meal consisted of serrano ham (the quality was like the ones in the super market), manchego cheese (this one was quite ok), salad with chicken (not tasty at all) and some pieces of chicken (which tasted quite dry).

For the drinks we ordered some sangria at the beginning of the meal which was good but expensive. In my humble opinion, it is not worthy at all because of the price so after the first round, we continued with beers.

In general terms, the food could be much better and the service could improve. Anyway, we will probably not try this place again.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

I don't like to be so evil in my reviews. But unfortunately the quality of tapas we got at this restaurant is something that has to be improved, for the respect of the customers. Also, for the respect of the spanish kitchen. There are so many dishes which can be prepared in a really easy way and taste better then those mushrooms with cream we got yesterday. Or a garlic with shrimp ( yes it tasted more garlic than shrimp), fake chorizo or dry chicken. I hope the owners will take these reviews into account. Good luck.

Reviewed 9 January 2016 via mobile

you're better off asking them the name of the shop where they buy the deep frozen things the serve you and warm it yourself. You only really pay for the Spanish music (the only Spanish thing about the restaurant) and nothing else. Don't go there!!!

2  Thank Dionisio N
Reviewed 27 August 2015

I have eaten here a few times before with friends and colleagues and always thought the food to be generic, pre-prepared, frozen then deep fried, and that the service was ridiculously slow and indifferent. However, the place is cheap and ideal for large groups. Despite the fact we once saw a mouse scuttling across the floor the previous time we were there, a group of friends decided to go so I joined to be sociable. This will be my last visit.

After this visit, I fell ill with food poisoning. I fully appreciate that it's not really possible to prove unequivocally where I contracted it, but the timings of the onset of nausea and the contents of three portions of vomit were good indicators. Coupled with the fact a mouse had been seen previously, and that other friends had reported similar symptoms after having visited on separate occasions, it does seem that Si Señor was the most likely source of the problem and that there are cleanliness issues.

I therefore can only recommend that you avoid this place and look elsewhere.

2  Thank Stephen P
Reviewed 10 July 2015

I really like the food here, portions are generous and delicious. I recommend the fish soup and to leave some room for ice cream as dessert.