“Great for drinks or "meal of the day"”
Review of Eetcafe Bommel

Eetcafe Bommel
Ranked #138 of 497 Restaurants in Eindhoven
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 9 August 2016

Bommel has this meal of the day formula that is decent food for a good price. It is overall a great place to have drinks with friends, with a good choice of beers and wines.

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Stopped in here on a whim based on the obvious happy locals. Pleasantly surprised by a delicious dinner and pleasant waitstaff. Dinner was creative and unexpected. No menu, just 3 choices (vegetarian, fish, meat). Price was right as well. I'd definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

This is an old 'brown' pub (café) where you can drink and eat (only one menu, just choose meat/fish or veggie). The café is in one of the oldest streets of Eindhoven. Far most visitors are locals, loving good music, no tv, no sports while conversating.

Reviewed 14 February 2016

Great place. Also for vegies. Choose between two dishes and a two plate course.
Great authentic athmosphere.
GO !

Reviewed 28 January 2016

I went here three times already, and I kept coming back because I had a really nice experience when I was there the first time: my cards were not working (because I had credit card, and in the Netherlands you can only pay with Debit card) and my boyfriend went out to get some money to pay, but then I gave him the wrong card, and a whole mess-up started. The waiter was so nice to just let me come back later and pay, even if I was not a frequent client there. This made me feel trusted as a client and then made me come back with other friends as well. It's a nice place to have a glass of wine after work (I drank white and rose sweet wine and he quality/price was good). Also you can have lunch or dinner - they have menu of the day and the prices are as well very good. I didn't eat there, but I saw other people's plates and they looked very delicious. Planning to go back and also try it. I recommend it - it's nice and cosy and looks French style!