“Overpriced, unpalatable food. Rude, obnoxious landlord!”

Worms Head Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Rhossili
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Had one meal with my family in the restaurant. For four of us the bill was £140! The portions were miniscule, the food overcooked and tasteless. We only visited again for a drink as it is the only pub in Rhossili. Yes the views are lovely but you can see them from outside. On our last night we called in for a drink after walking our dogs and sat outside as you are allowed to with dogs. However we had to go through the bar on our way out and pay for our drinks. The staff were having trouble with their till system, so it took some time. The landlord then came in the bar and told me to get out as dogs weren't allowed in the bar. I said I knew but we were paying the bill, he ignored this and gesticulated at me to leave which I did, informing him that I would never return. What a rude little man! It spoilt the last day of what had been a lovely holiday.

3  Thank Nirtbid

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Had dinner last night . Amazing views and stunning sunset. Gorgeous food and the staff were so friendly and very accommodating with my gluten free diet. Planning to return over the summer and hopefully stay in the hotel .

1  Thank lynwen37
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

After a long walk along the coastal path stopped for coffee and cake.
Cost nearly £10 for 2 x cappuccino. 1 cake and Welsh cakes. Take cash as can't use a debit or credit under £10.
Best view though next to ranked #9 beach in the world.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

You have got to see this place - it's beautiful (as long as you have good weather) Wormshead itself is only accessible at 2 hours either side of low tide. It's hard getting over the causeway - scrambling over high rocks - wouldn't recommend it for small children and walking boots or shoes are vital. Parking is free for National Trust members.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

We managed to find a table on the terrace and given the beautiful weather the views were stunning. The bar staff were very friendly and the waiting staff efficient. We had the roast beef and roast lamb which was tasty although the vegetables had been slightly overcooked. Even though the pub was very busy we did not have to wait long. The drinks however were pricey but then it is a captive audience if you want to eat/drink with such a good view.