“Very heimish”
Review of Fein & Schein

Fein & Schein
Ranked #1 251 of 2 166 Restaurants in Zurich
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The restaurant was very informal. It felt like eating at a friend's place. The food was good and the portions generous. My wife had a pizza and I had a quiche. We couldn't finish it all and took the rests to our hotel.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

This restaurant is very informal, and caters to families and kids. We had pizza and some deserts, and everything we ordered was delicious. If you're looking for formal and fancy, this is not it, but if you want good food, it's definitely more than reasonable.

2  Thank Eager_TravelerNY
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

The restaurant wasn't even half full, but the noise was very loud, children screaming. It took a long time for the waitress to take our order. I could've ignored those things if the food was good, but it wasn't. The lasagne was very, I mean VERY greasy. Just a lump of cheese and grease and not any meat in it.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

For the only kosher restaurant in Zurich, the food was very generous and prices not that bad. We came here during the most busy day in the summer and we were served without reservations within 10-15 minutes.

Enjoyed the Pizza! Lasagna not so much, but LARGE portions.

1  Thank TravelerAtTimes
Reviewed 20 October 2016

My companion and I had dinner here one evening during our stay in Zurich. It seems to be a family-run place. It is one of the few restaurants we ate in (only kosher or vegetarian ones) that had table service. The menu was fairly typical of a dairy restaurant with pasta, quiches, soups, sandwiches, salads, desserts and beverages.

My companion ordered vegetable soup and baked salmon, and I had the spinach quiche. The food was tasty and portions were large, The quiche had an egg baked on top of it -- very unusual, but a nice idea. My portion of spinach quiche was so large that I brought the remainder back to the hotel we were staying in, and there was enough for a main course for both of us for dinner the next day.

Service was good, and prices were reasonable (for Zurich).

2  Thank coffeemavenswife