Lowest prices for your stay
US$170
Free cancellation until 21/08/14
Hotels.comUS$172
CheapTicketsUS$172
getaroom.comUS$175
All reviews train station first floor old style french doors local attractions view of the lake nice room small balcony yogurt booked this hotel christmas market casino brasserie passes
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 June 2020

I no longer live in Montreux, but I did for some years. Since I left, I go back at least once a year (usually more), because it still feels like home.
I go to hotels because I don't want to disturb friends that I still have, since I usually go back with my family.

We always try a different hotel every time we come to Montreux, and we've pretty much been to all of them.

This is one of our favorites and in a few months we will go back. The location is perfect, the building is beautiful, typical historical. It will take you back in time, it's just speechless. Beds are really comfortables and the rooms are spacious and you don't hear any sound. Also, a plus is that all rooms are exterior (this is one of the things that we like the most). Staff is also very helpful!

As a person that has been to every hotel in Montreux, I really recommend it. Within this kind of budget hotels, this is by far the best among the others that you have for more or less the same price. See you this Christmas! :)

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank carlotam799
Marie L, Responsable relations clients at J5 Hotels Helvetie Montreux, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2020

Dear carlotam799,

Knowing that you feel at home: nothing can make us happier. That's the ultimate goal of any hotel.

We are very happy to know that in a few months we will have the pleasure to welcome you again. You can count on us to make your stay a special moment that you will never forget.

Thank you for taking the time to talk about our hotel, its history and its characteristic architecture. Thank you also for your kind words to our team.

We are looking forward to seeing you and sharing together the magic of Christmas in Montreux. ✨

Have a great day and a great weekend.

Reviewed 9 February 2020

We were delighted with this hotel. We knew from their website that the hotel is in process of remodeling and we were delighted with a very large room and giant bathroom. Location is extremely handy to the train station, and at the time we were there, the Christmas Market was in full swing. Some of our favorite meals were at the Christmas Market! Like most Montreux hotels, J5 offers guests a complimentary bus pass good during one's visit. Bed was comfortable, staff was very friendly and helpful, and we were just happy. We would stay here again should we find ourselves back in Montreux.

Room tip: ask for a higher floor with a lake view.
Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank Philip P
Marie L, Responsable relations clients at J5 Hotels Helvetie Montreux, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2020

Dear Philip,

We thank you sincerely for your kind words towards our team and our hotel. ☺️

It is true that we are in the process of renovation and we are doing our best not to disturb the quality of our services. Thank you for underlining the quality of our beds and the friendliness of our team.

We will be delighted to welcome you again during your next stay in Montreux !

We wish you a very nice day

Reviewed 18 January 2020 via mobile

The staff at reception is very friendly and helpful! A bit of an older hotel without aircon, but heating is sufficient. The bathroom is small but has what is needed. The travel passes provided really helps with sightseeing, especially when it is raining. It would have been nice to have a kettle with cups and coffee in the room. But if you ask staff at reception, the will give you a flask with boiling water and cups. We stayed here for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. They gave us a room with a great view! We didn't opt for the breakfast, so I cannot comment on that.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marie L, Responsable relations clients at J5 Hotels Helvetie Montreux, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2020

Dear 124riane,

Thank you for this complete review.

We are very happy that you enjoyed our friendly staff, the charm of the hotel.

We are looking forward to seeing you.
Have a great day.

Best regards

Reviewed 11 December 2019 via mobile

Needed hotel for Christmas market : booked this hotel at an amazing rate (considering it’s Montreux and Christmas season), and can really only say good stuff. At this price, expectations are accordingly, and I’ve paid muuuch higher prices for very awful stays.
Room was spacious, clean, beds were good as were pillows and linen. The whole building is still really authentic old style: personally I genuinely love this, even if it is a bit worn: it should be at this age: beautiful wooden floors, old furniture, classic vibe, as long as the essentials are good, and they were. Well issolated room (zero neighbour noise). Reception was warm and friendly. Location is fantastic: to me it was exactly what I was hoping to find and will book again when wanting to go out in Montreux: excellent value proposition !

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Marie L, Responsable relations clients at J5 Hotels Helvetie Montreux, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2019

Dear SwizerlandRoisindubh,

It's a pleasure to read you.
We are more than happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and especially that you were seduced by its charm and universe.

Our hotel is 150 years old and it seems important to us to preserve this memory of the past. So thank you for understanding this and enjoying it.

We will be more than happy to welcome you back whenever you want.

Have a great day and weekend !

Reviewed 10 November 2019

Asked for nice room with good view.... and this is what I got!

Nicely located hotel in Montreux about 150m from the lake and close to the Casino/ Queen Recording studios.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. ONe thing that impressed me was that when I was checking out and mentioned I'd to get a train to Geneva, the receptionist got me to use her terminal to buy my tickets onlue as they were about 30% cheaper this way. In fact if I had booked my tickets some days wearleir they woudl have been about €7 instead of €30.

There is a coffee bar in the hotel ar the first floor which has good viewing window and which I used, and a brasserie on the ground floor which seems good - it was certainly busy!

Room tip: Ask for one!
Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Marie L, Responsable relations clients at J5 Hotels Helvetie Montreux, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2019

Dear BinDereDoneDat

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us.
We are very happy to know that you had a good time at our hotel. We do our best to take care of you and help you during your stay. We are very pleased to know that this has been the case.

We hope to see you again very soon so that you can discover a little more about our region.

Excellent day to you and a beautiful week.