2 people are viewing this hotel
US$214
CheapTicketsUS$214
Trip.comUS$225
HurbUS$273
All reviews lake view lake geneva train station old style fantastic location amazing views casino lakeside alps
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2020

The location of the hotel is very good.
You can park the car in the main city park and walk to the hotel.
The staff was very nice.
The room was clean and quite big.
The bathroom was very big and clean.
The bed was very comfortable.
The terrace was big and in front of the lake. It was excellent.
The hotel is well located you can walk easily to many restaurants and pub.

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank Pipiont
Reviewed 10 July 2020 via mobile

Great big junior suite ✅ All the staff are very good and friendly, helpful etc. ✅ The hotel needs a vibe and little makeover. The pool & garden & day area is boring, needs a re-fresh. The early evening dining lakeside looks good, but we did not partake. Breakfast, the service and layout is good. The lake view from our room was awesome ✅

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank EUGE-KM
Reviewed 6 February 2020 via mobile

Last weekend we ve visited Montreaux. It was a quick visit, and the weather did not help, it was raining all the time. But nothing did not stop me to have "our" night here.
I ve chosed this hotel as I am not a stranger to it, we had one of our first lunches here, and the hotel looks amazing, with a stunning view over the lake Leman, long and bright coridors, beautiful Reception and even provides a free entry Pass at their Spa at neighbor hotel, Excelsior. After persuading French to book us a room, which was simple as the hotel does not change anything before arrival at the hotel,and as he does not refuse my insistence, (smile smile) we ve booked via Booking and we ve payed upon arrival, I ve made a small luggage, took my Nikon camera, some clothes, and next day we were on our way to Montreaux.
Thing îs on our way to Montreaux (we live in Crans Montana now), i had the time to listen to my New playlist of songs. Recently i ve rediscovered a song, "Niko&Vinz-Am i wrong", a song that reminds me of a certain moment of my life, it reminds me of a period when i was living în Frankfurt, actually Kaiserlei, when during my training, i was listening to this song, it reminds me of our Trainer, Jenny(if i m correct, i m not really good with names, and thing îs there are more than 5years ago), it reminds me of the day when she told me she will leave Germany to go to Africa (!!!!) for an internship, it reminds me of her determination, and her courage too. I never saw Jenny ever șince, but every Time i listen to the lyrics,my mind fades away and i think of her. Actually every song reminds me of a certaine moment of my life, strange and salutary.
Back to our hotel, Eden Palace:We ve arrived în Reception, where I ve asked if it is possible to have a room with a view over the lake, but with EXTRA CHARGES of a 20 chf. Me, honestly, i don t like this "extra" thing, i feel like someone sticks his hand in my pocket, to say so. But i really wanted to make my photos(which are attached in my comment), so i agreed, and it was worth every penny. The morning that followed made me not regret the fact that i ve accepted the extra costs.
Our night was quiet, we had diner at Mollino, a restaurant that is very close and that i recommend. Then we took a short walk on The Leman, entered the Casino, like în and out, and returned to our room, namely 522.
The furniture în The hotel is a bit oldish, but the quality of sleep îs The Best i had în months. The bathroom îs quitte big, with a window and a lake view too.
Tv:168 (or 68, i don t really remember) channels which start with Al...., în arab, but also french, english, italian and german.
Our check out was fast and easy, and we ve declined the invitațion în their spa, as Minusch, the cat was waiting for us impatient at home.
You ask me if we shall return here next time:yes, defenately!!!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
72  Thank 657andra01
Reviewed 2 January 2020 via mobile

I have visited here twice (once a few years ago for a few nights and again this year) I will definitely be visiting again. This place is in a fantastic location, has amazing views, great service, beautiful food and great value for money.

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank nicoleBooth
Reviewed 4 December 2019

We were in Montreux for a night. The hotel's location is great. There is a bus stop nearby for bus 216 that takes you to Chateau de Chillon and/or Vevey. The hotel is also easily accessible by the same bus from the train station (and down one set of stairs). The marche de noel (xmas market) and the statue of Freddy Mercury were a 5 min walk away. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. My only issue is that the hotel is pretty dated. Old carpet, old style doors and rooms, and key access. Breakfast seemed elaborate but it was expensive so we didn't get it.

Date of stay: November 2019