“Sophisticated Japanese food”

Price range: US$28 - US$90
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I loved this sushi spot in Lausanne. Beautiful location, very nice informal setting, very good food. Well done

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

There are many good sushi places in Lausanne and if Myo is not ranked in the top 3 places, we now know why...do yourself a favor and choose a much cheaper restaurant, for equally good food. This is by far the most overpriced sushi restaurant we’ve encountered and nothing justifies the sky high prices and the small portions.

But even more disappointing was the poor service and the moody waitress we were assigned! Never smiled or looked at us, barely acknowledged us when she came to the table, we were absolutely astounded!!!! I finally decided to leave the table to let the manager know that this is unacceptable for an establishment such as this, and that as customers we expected another level of service. The waitress was assigned another section and we were offered our coffees as a sign of good gesture, thanks! Unfortunately, this is not enough to convince us to return, and we will never set foot in this restaurant ever again! Good luck if you choose to spend what you hope is going to be a pleasant evening...make sure you have a thick wallet and many laughs (which we had) to offset the poor service.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Sushi is fresh and prepared a la minute. Great lunch deals (soup, maki and sushi with garnishes) for CHF 28.00. I was there on a Monday and every last seat was taken. They also have a lovely terrace to be enjoyed in the summer.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

When presenting the menu, the manager told us that they had fresh hirame (founder/sole) and another fish I didn't recognize. My wife and I chose to take the Sushi Deluxe platter (45 pieces, min. 2 persons, 70.- per person). As this is the most expensive sushi platter you can order, we expect it to contain some valuable, good fish. Unfortunately, the majority was simple salmon (which by the way is not used for sushi in Japan!), a couple of shrimps, suzuki (seabass), saba (mackerel, a cheap fish), ika (squid) and plenty of rolls with salmon again, crab, and avocado. There was no hotate (scallop, wich I had seen in the fridge), tako (octopus, also in the fridge), not even a trace of akami or toro (different qualities of tuna), and of course no ikura (fish roe). For 140.- I can only say this is robbery and unworthy of being called "Deluxe".
We were asked whether we wanted wasabi in the nigiri, which I find very professional. Given we were with our children, we said no. They then went on to include some spicy mayo sushi (California style, again a big no no in Japan), which lead our older one to silent tears...
To be fair, the sushi were very well made, the rice was well cooked, the river balls not too large, the fish fresh. Also, we received 3 free unagi (eel) sushi, which certainly is a more refined fish and was very good.
Food rating: I have to give this a 1. If the plate had cost only 50.-, the restaurant weren't Gault Millau-rated, and it advertised itself as a non-authentic fusion restaurant, then I could give it a 5. But when the platter was served we were like "you must be kidding"!

Staff
We came 15 minutes before our 7pm reservation. The staff greeted us by saying that the restaurant didn't open before 7pm and that we had to wait outside (their website does not indicate opening hours so we couldn't know). With 2 small kids. It's freezing. I just don't understand how such people don't realize they're in the wrong line of business (it's called hospitality after all!). I demand to see the manager who repeats the same message, but then probably sees we're getting quite offended and grudgingly lets us enter (he muttered "I guess I'll get changed then"). The first staff brings us the menu, and to show my appreciation I tell her to take her time and we don't need to be attended to until 7pm. To which she replies "well now we *had* to start our service". Another missed chance to be gracious.
Again to be fair, the manager put on a much better show for the rest of the evening, being very polite and attentive, bringing us some free additional sushi and apologizing at the end for the cold reception. Another positive is the fact that the chefs are native Japanese, greeting clients in Japanese.
Staff rating: again, given the price tag and rating I would expect much better. The trend was positive, but I'd still have to give this a 2.

Environment
The restaurant is beautiful and small, it has a good groove to it. The tables are large and you will end up sharing with others, which I find rather nice. The temperature was perhaps a bit low. The structure is almost entirely surrounded by windows which are bad isolators.
Environment rating: this is a good 4, it felt nice.

3  Thank NicoXJ
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Smart concept and delicious cuisine. Only wild and fresh fishes, two talented Japanese chefs in a modern and bright environment. Very affordable for this quality.