Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Fast and confortable

Reviewed 31 August 2020
Yves R
Very good and modern instalations

Reviewed 3 March 2021

from US$312,20
from US$393,15
from US$579,14
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 March 2021

Very good and modern instalations, no waiting time in most cases. New instalations started this year. You can go up to 3890m and then enjoy skiing down to 1600m ... Great time.

Date of experience: February 2021
Zermatt_Bergbahnen, Manager at Zermatt Bergbahnen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2021

Thank your very much for your visit and your nice review - we hope to welcome you soon back in sunny Zermatt

Reviewed 31 August 2020

Not cheap, but the cable car cabins are very comfortable and give you an excellent view around. The mountain ar gorgeous, so go for the clear windows.

Date of experience: August 2020
Zermatt_Bergbahnen, Manager at Zermatt Bergbahnen, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2020

Thank you so much for your visit - we hope to welcome you soon back in Zermatt

Reviewed 17 September 2019

THey closed part of the Matterhorn Express from Schwarzee to Trockner Steg on 15th September despite there being a lot of people in the resort who would want to use it.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 29 April 2019

On the plus side:
- my hotel (Alpina) was welcoming, good value for money (by Zermatt standards), clean, well located, offered hearty breakfasts and good old-fashioned charm
- the skiing on most days was plentiful and varied (but see below)
On the minus side:
- what was once an alpine village is fast becoming a luxury resort packed with designer/wellness/boutique/loft etc hotels, trendy shops and expensive restaurants
- Zermatt Bergbahnen (the lift company) were unhelpful and contradictory on a day when 90-95% of lifts were closed because of poor weather. I asked at the counter whether I could exchange for another day, but was told this was not possible. When I e-mailed the company after a poor day’s skiing, I was told I could have asked for a refund had I not taken the lifts.
I came to Zermatt to relive the magic I had felt as a child when my parents brought me here, but I am afraid the above somewhat spoilt my pleasure.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed 25 April 2019 via mobile

I bought 4 x 6 days international ski passes having been told the Zermatt only area would close, but it didn’t close on the day I was told (or two days later) so I was conned into buying more expensive passes then I needed. The lifts in all three areas were only fully open on 3 out of the 6 days, and the last day fully closed. They would not refund me anything even the day all the lifts and pistes were closed. I lost over 300CHF for one day and spent a total of 1400CHF for a poor service. The staff were rude and unhelpful, apparently their CEO decides when to refund and when not and it’s alway not!!

Thanks for not thinking of your customers Markus Hasler, clearly you are only thinking about getting your customers money, I only want 300CHF back of the 70mCHF you make each year! ........ Zermatt Bergbahnen AG is able to report another gratifying result and confirm last year’s record performance. Sales in fiscal 2017/18 totalled CHF 69.6 million, EBITDA reached CHF 34.6 million (49.7%) and operating cash flow CHF 30.7 million (44.1%).

Date of experience: April 2019