“Very good but pricey food”

Trattoria Anema e Core
Ranked #64 of 423 Restaurants in Lugano
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Few days ago we went to Anema e Core with some friends to enjoy a pizza and a beer together. The place is close to the university, along the river and in front of Ospedale italiano. The place is well decorated, staff was very friendly and there is a good choice of food, from pizzas to meat and fish, pasta etc.
We all took a pizza, which were all pretty good. Mine with fresh tuna was great, and the chili oil was very fiery, as I like and should always be. We also took desserts which unfortunately left to be desired: priced at 9.50 each you expect a lot of rum on your baba but that was not the case, and my babamisu was quite smalm and had too much podwered choc on top. The bill came at 154 for the four of us, which is a bit high for what we took in my opinion.
Overall a wonderful place to enjoy some tasty food, but if you are on a tight budget avoid it, as the bill will not come cheap.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

It is a small, smart and familiarly trattoria. The meals are great with fresh and good quality. The staff are very attentively.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

I went back to Anema e Core after more than a year and I was disappointed. What use to be good quality food is now below average. My wife and i had our favoured food and both of us recognises the change in quality - not a good change.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

My client suggested this place for lunch as we were near by. It is small and unassuming but do not be fooled. We entered to smiling and friendly staff and were seated immediately even though we did not have reservations. We started with the bowl of mussels which was steamed in a tomato and garlic broth- wonderful. I then had the pasta with crab for the main. Again it was wonderful. The pasta was perfectly al dente served with sautéed cherry tomatoes and mixed with copious amounts of fresh crab meat. It really is a little gem and I will be back. My client said it is usually packed for dinner so suggest reservations.

1  Thank Priceofruby
Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

Nice place, and attentive service.
However very expensive for what they offer. Pizzas are only ok ie really nothing special. Pasta is ok but nothing special. Table wines are ridiculously expensive (a supermarket quality falenghina is sold CHF 45!!!). Hence ok place but way to expensive