“Poor...”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My family of four stopped here for a snack on a very hot day. We all fancied the famous Apple strudel...so we ordered four coffees and four Apple studels. The coffees came fairly quickly however no apple strudels...
Ten minutes pass when the waiter tells us there is only one left and it will take twenty minutes for the next batch...ok, so we chose to have the one Apple strudel and a selection of different other desserts...
We waited...We waited...We waitied, twenty five minutes pass...coffees are long finished and still no dessert... We questioned the waiter, who became rude and abruptive blaming the hot weather for the hold up!?! (Your guess is as good as mine!) Another ten minutes pass and still nothing. Another staff member appeared who was just as rude...we informed that we would pay for the coffees and left. The staff didn't seem happy with us leaving...however after nearly one hour waiting for a simple dessert...of any kind!!! I think any normal person would get up and leave. NOT IMPRESSED!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

The food was average and nothing to really write home about, especially given the pricing. If you go any other restaurant in the area, you'll find better food at a fraction of the price. I personally had the Bolognese and was very disappointed. The pasta was dry and it was something I could've made at home. Also the chicken was very expensive. The service was my least favorite part of the experience. Our server was visibly impatient with our group. He was not helpful when it came to menu offerings, and, in retrospect, really soured the entire experience. Disappointing given the rave reviews we've seen. Server was also visibly impatient with the table next to us, who noticed his displeasure as well.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Came here around 6pm for dinner and it was very quiet! We sat at the front bar and ordered some wine - which was delicious.

For dinner I had a homemade vegetable soup with chicken and potatoes. The soups in Wengen are some of the best soups I"ve ever had, and Restaurant Eiger did not disappoint. The soup was perfect and the chicken might have been the best chicken I've had in a very long time.

There was no need to hang around after dinner, but had a great meal and very good service. Would go back for sure!

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Food was just ok nothing special. Service was good and friendly. We were there on BBQ night. I had sausage it was over cooked and not very good. Husband and friends had pork chop which was good.

Flys were very annoying.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I had a lovely dinner here one evening while staying in Wengen. The food was good and staff was friendly and attentive.

1  Thank Kari C