All reviews great location includes bus appointed bathroom an upgrade first floor old town free geneva geneva standards stayed here for two nights lake view recommend this hotel front desk staff breakfast room central location train station lobby toilet
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Great little boutique hotel in a perfect location to explore the city. The team were really polite, friendly and helpful, the rooms charming and the breakfast ample. Would definitely recommend to anyone travelling solo, as a couple or on business

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2018

I went to Geneva for few days for work and my company had reserved this hotel for me, so I don't know if the booking process was easy or not.
My room was on the first floor with a river view, was cleaned up every day but it was dark at night.
The light fixtures used were very inefficient, they were operated by foot and they were giving dim light which was not enough. The light was coming from below at ground level.
The bathroom was wide and clean with a modern shower; there was no bath-tub in my bathroom.
The room itself was wide and had two big windows. The reception was wide and had enough seating.This is not a fancy hotel yet it was good. Although the prices seemed high to me but look like this rate is not bad for such a city with a very high living cost.
The good thing about this hotel is its location. It is only 15 minutes walk from the bus/ train station, has a lot of restaurants and shopping centers around it and it is close to the Rhône river so you have access to the river restaurants and beautiful views.
My overall experience was very good

Room tip: Ask for a river view. It is much better.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Shakir J
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Hotel ambassador did itself no favors right from the start. I made my booking via hotels.com as I always do. I also chose the prepaid non refundable room rate which I often do. The website of course has all my payment details. But then I received an email from the hotel asking me to send a scanned copy of my credit card along with a scanned copy of my passport! I smelled a phishing rat and contacted hotels.com who confirmed that this was genuinely from the hotel. Uncomfortable about sending the hotel this data I called them instead. The lady answering lectured me about the fraudulent bookings they have had etc and they would cancel my booking without the requested data. But they also wouldn’t take my info on the phone, insisting I send it even if by phone photo. I decided to ignore this. In fact the booking wasn’t cancelled and I did stay there.

I wasn’t overwhelmed by the experience. One of the first things I was told upon check in was that I hadn’t paid and needed to do so immediately. I did, though at this point it should have been obvious to them that I wasn’t going to do a runner.

The room was quite large and had a great view. But it was tired, and tastelessly and haphazardly decorated with hard to use lamps, and the mattress had born too much weight over the years. The bathroom is poorly designed, with many steps. Oddly, the toilet brush was missing (do people really steal that?). There are carpets throughout, never a welcome sight for me.

The staff was friendly enough and helpful. The location is unbeatable. As pretty much everything in Geneva, this hotel is also dramatically overpriced. Somehow I’m not really gagging to come back.

Room tip: Ask for lake view
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank PhilipE349
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Overall Good

➖ My room was spacious and in good shape. Design is always personal choice and it was a bit to baroque for my taste - others might like it better than cooler modern designs.

➕ Very nice location at the Rhône. Got an upgrade to a corner room with view to the Jet d’Eau and lake. Good, central location. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 January 2018

In a nutshell, strategic location, rich breakfast, medium sized room, friendly staff!
For a single stay, the price could be very expensive especially that the area is full of competitive hotels. Walking distance from Rue de Rhone and Lac Leman.

Room tip: ask for the room with the view on Lake Leman
Date of stay: February 2017