Hotel City am Bahnhof
  • Restaurant
Savoy Hotel(Bern)
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclose to the train stationshower curtainold townhotel is in a great locationroom was clean and comfortablebooked this hotelbern citypublic transportswitzerlandconveniencesupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 December 2017

Hotel is in a great location very close to the train station and centre of town. The hotel staff were lovely and friendly and gave us free passes to ride the trams and buses which pull up nearly right outside the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. We didn't have breakfast because we had to leave early the next morning so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Like the previous poster, it was very hot weather when we stayed here and the only choice is to keep your window open. Which would normally be fine, but unfortunately our room overlooked the main street train station and it was LOUD constantly. (Including a guy playing bagpipes on the street half the time... nothing like trying to overcome jet lag in a stifling room with a bagpipe serenade, haha!) The weather isn't the hotel's fault I realize, however a fan would have be a great addition in these circumstances not only to help with the heat but also to drown out the noise. The rooms are dated as to be expected from the pics, but the beds were very comfortable and the linens were nice. It's in a super-convenient location literally across from the train section and at the edge of Old Town, which is great. Breakfast was typical continental, and dining room is very pleasant and updated. I'd say this hotel is "fine" just for a quick stay, but request a room in the back if it's hot and the windows have to be open.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the back if it's hot outside, as it will be less noisy with the windows open
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2017

I know it seems that a lot of places don't have air conditioning in Bern, but it was in the 80's the day we were there. We were miserable the entire time. The room was large and spacious, but very dated. It is in need of an update! The beds were comfortable, but hard to sleep when you're sweating all night long. Since we had to keep the windows open we got to hear EVERYTHING outside. From the motorcycles to drunk idiots at all hours of the night.

On a positive note the staff was excellent. When we commented on the heat and asked for a fan, she unplugged the one she was using and gave it to us. I wish I would have gotten her name, because she was awesome!

The location of the hotel is great. Easy walk to the train station. We had a room on the top floor which was nice. Great view.

Room Tip: Don't stay here when it's hot outside!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2017

When checking out, I forgot to take my Samsung phone charger (9V/5V, original Samsung) with a base for charging my smartwatch (quite hard to buy separately). I realized I forgot it and remembered exactly the place where I left it, and the same day afternoon I went back to the hotel - but they told me they don't have it. The receptionist (after my insists) went to the room to check (alone) and told me there is nothing. I called 2 days after to make sure they asked the cleaning staff, etc. but they just confirmed that noone found it. I doubt anyone just put it in the trash... Obviously someone took it.
Besides - the hotel was clean, and with great location close to the main station. It's very basic, with old equipment, old walls, etc. Clearly many years since last renovation. But it is fair, as it comes with the very low (as for this location) price.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Very nice place, very good location in Bern, restaurants are within walking distance. Everything is very neat and clean. Very tasty and varied breakfast. The rooms are well cleaned. In general, I'm satisfied with the staff's work. Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo