Review Highlights
Nice interior, friendly lady at the bar, and rooftop terrace

Located a block off the main pedestrian strip of bars, Baltazar has a bit more formal feel to the... read more

Reviewed 9 October 2017
FormerCaliBoy
Zurich, Switzerland
Interesting place

Baltazar Bar is an interesting place for having a real great time in the night where you can have a... read more

Reviewed 10 July 2017
Silvana J
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Basel
from US$344,70
from US$71,60
from US$20,50
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

I was in the club below the bar and had a celebratory event so I asked the manager of the club about the prices on champagne but instead of giving me a quote, he choose to insult me because of my cloth (i was wearing a jacket and jeans, and according to him if you wear a "suit" you should pay whatever price it is)

2  Thank Thomas F
Reviewed 22 May 2016

We had cocktails (Aviator and Pisco Sour) on a early Saturday evening. It's centrally located in Basel's night outings. Up some stairs, with a nice view over the roofs. Perfect spot to enjoy a drink when its warm outside. The music is perfect for lounge feeling. Staff is very friendly and the bartender knows is very proficient and explains also how his drinks are made. Enjoy.

1  Thank Dino C
Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

What a night! Awesome people there to meet and new Design with new shaded places. You can more or less order everything. If it would ever rain in Basel you also have a stylish fumoire place inside. Enjoy the Design and a good drink.
Don't stay late, they really wanna finish up when it's closing time!!!

Reviewed 27 January 2016

Good place to hang out with friends. Prices are like everywhere in Switzerland, service is very good and friendly. Outdoor igloo (warmed up with a stove) is a great change for those who are bored with typical bar spaces. Big terrace with many sits + club one level lower...I recommend it

Reviewed 28 September 2015

This place is, without a doubt, a new low when it comes to costumer service, in a country where this is already quite poor. And the quality of the cocktails is mediocre, at best.

We were a party of 6, and the hostess wanted to keep the cocktail menu so that we could keep on ordering, but the waiter kept on complaining about this wish, so she gave it back. Which meant that each time we wanted to order something new, we had to ask the waiter for the menu, and then he would complain about having to do this. Eventually we were only two people, and the waiter then decided that we should pay because the place "was getting full." (which it wasn't) In spite that we wanted to keep on drinking, we acquiesced since it would have been silly to keep on giving money to a place where our business was not being appreciated. He brought the bill, and when it was time to pay, he had to go to get the credit card reader... and we waited... and waited... 15 min. later, as he hadn't come back, we decided to go to the cashier's. I explained the situation, and cashier said that we had to wait for the waiter, who had vanished by now. And we waited, again... then came the person in charge, I explained -again- the situation, and he said: "yes, when it is this full (which it wasn't) we prefer for people to pay" (!!!!) but he didn't do ANYTHING to speed up our transaction. Remember, we were asked to pay, we wanted to pay, and we are put to wait... in order to... PAY !!! 30 min. later, the waiter re-surfaced, and we were able to pay and leave.

Ask me when I'm coming back.

2  Thank Roskis