All reviews stunning building old town train station modern bathroom mini metro croissants visiting perugia recommend this hotel reception hill terrace
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Stunning building, so much charm.. The reception from staff was warm and friendly. The room was well sized. The tvs are small but that was no issue to us as we were not on holiday to watch Tv,,, Modern bathroom, clean. The water pressure was not great. Location was fantastic. Breakfast offered was ample. would def recommend a stay here. The only things from our observation were it may need a little tlc paint job on the inside.. And we found it odd that there were large dustbins in the passage ways,

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed 19 August 2017

I went there with my girlfriend in August 2017 and we were very happy with the price. First of all the building is designed with opulence and elegance and the room was very comfortable. The décor exudes an antique stylishness which fits in perfectly with the old town centre which is located only a short walk away. The reception staff and cleaners were very polite, friendly and helpful. They even let my girlfriend store a souvenir ham in their large fridge!

I would highlight only a couple of points for improvement. Firstly, I don't think the breakfast was made fresh and there was no coffee machine in the breakfast room, guests had to ask at the bar upstairs. It would have been nice to have tea and coffee available downstairs.

Secondly, it was the hottest week of the year and although there was a good electric fan in the room, air conditioning would have been a Godsend with such temperatures. Thankfully the building had quick walls and therefore it was never too hot inside.

I would definitely recommend Hotel Iris to anyone who is visiting Perugia. All of the interesting sites can be found in the old town which is essentially on top of a hill. Luckily Hotel Iris is very close by and you wont need to do any climbing because there are escalators nearby.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank James w
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Very good hotel with quite good localization.
The staff is very friendly and hospitable.
The breakfast is very good for its price.
The old historical building helps feeling the past times of Perugia :)
The only one drawback is lack od air condition ...

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2017

I had a very pleasant stay at Hotel Iria Perugia.
I stayed for over a week. The nights were very hot, but the room had a big beautiful window we could open to refresh, and a fan conditioner to use before. Our rooms were clean every two days, with clean towels coming very often.
I stayed in one room with three other people and, even tho it was cramped in space, everything worked out for the best and we had a great stay.
The living areas of the hotel were the best! There we could chill, specially the terrace which became our favorite spot of the whole hotel!
The staff was the nicest and very welcoming. There was always someone to help us. I deeply appreciate how well they treat us.
The only downside, but not so bad, was the bunkbed in our room. The stairs to get to the top one would hurt our feet.
The breakfast was also good, with a wide range of choices for buffet. Those chocolat croissants were killer!!
All in all, I would recommend this hotel to everyone! I had a great stay in Perugia.

Room tip: Ask for st floor! There were ones with a very cute balcony.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Sara E
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Hotel Iris is a bit run down and as much as basic comfort - save good quality towels - is ok, with cheap furniture and no frills, the plumbing needs maintenance to avoid constant leaking and stinking up the bathroom. The roads around are noisy but the rooms on the back are quiet with windows closed. Room 28 was small but with a garden view so ok. Very good service. Breakfast average. Location is not the most picturesque but very convenient - with an escalator right behind that goes up to the city center and down to the station to catch a bus to the train station. Perugia is expensive and hotel Iris, at 233 euros for four nights, seems pretty reasonable. Didn't love it but still recommend it. There are two very good restaurants next door, perugia stories on via cavour on the left and Bianca, simple, tasty and cheap a little further on the right.

Date of stay: May 2017