“Excellent food and service”

Salefino Vino e Cucina
Ranked #12 of 556 Restaurants in Siena
Price range: US$23 - US$46
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

At first we were a bit sceptic about the menu, which included many (for us) odd things. However it turned out to be fantastic. The flavours were great and the service even better.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is off the tourist track so there is a mix of local and tourists. It is a small menu but food is definitely well cooked and presented. I would agree with other comments around unusual food on the menu. If you are not into trying different foods I would stay away.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We went for lunch and managed to get a table just before the lunchtime rush of locals. The decor was a pleasing light color unlike so much of Siena which is antique stone or brick. The food was simple, fresh and excellent. Both pastas were perfectly cooked and sauced, neither too much nor too little. The wine choices by the glass or carafe were much better than the usual vino della casa offerings.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Staff: perfect. I wouldn't find any fault in their staff. On top of everything, attentive very competent in recommending and explaining their menu, smiley (which is not always to be taken for granted).
Location: very conveniently located, very close to Porta Ovile and with plenty of car park around the city walls at just 5 min stroll. The location makes it perfect to have an after dinner stroll to Piazza del Campo.
Decor/ambience: perfect. We had a table outside and I personally liked everything, the set up, the atmosphere etc.
Food: the best part. We had the tasting menu (5 courses plus dessert). Amazing value and top quality. To me, some of their dishes were very close to some of the Michelin restaurants I've experienced in the UK, hands down. Top quality ingredients, excellent presentation and amazing combination of tastes.

Conclusion: I will be back and I will definitely recommend it. Make sure you book because a few people turn up without reservation and unfortunately they couldn't accommodate them.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

The cuisine here is really sophisticated one. After having long discussions with the waiter on every single dish in menu(thanks for his patience:)) we finally came up with two main courses from the menu of the day (literally written on the blackboard): pasta with rana pescatrice and fish with pork (don’t remember the name of the fish). It was just great! Nothing to add more! The sauces to both dishes were delicious! Surely will come again if I ever visit Siena in the future!