“Ok evening meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 November 2018 via mobile

The food here was actually quite tasty, but the whole experience of the evening felt more than a bit unwelcoming to the tourist.
I do think it is perhaps more somewhere for locals, which is a real shame - why shouldn’t tourists be made to feel welcome?!
We obviously made some kind of error on ordering as my husband ordered a steak and a side dish of broccoli and potatoes. The side dishes came first, so he duly ate them & the dishes were cleared before the steak arrived. It was all a bit odd.
I’d quite fancied the steak myself but hadn’t dared order it as there was a rather stern note on the menu that the local style is to cook the steak rare. I might well have enjoyed it but didn’t feel like there was any room for discussion on how it would be served.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1 171)

4 - 8 of 1 171 reviews

Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

Restaurant on main street, good rankings on Tripadvisor so we decided to go there. The personal was not friendly. Even there were free tables inside they told us, only outside is possible. For the starter I took bruschetta, what I got I will present on the pic... it was bread and olive for 7,50 EUR ‍♂️. First dish was past with duck. It was good, however very fatty. This is the reason for my ranking, rather will not come back there.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Their food was very good and it is a local restaurant! We were there the week of the additional Palio so it was a great place to be.we were surrounded by Palio pictures from over the ages!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 17 October 2018

My wife was really looking forward to ravioli with sage sauce after we had an excellent version in Florence. Unfortunately the ravioli was coated in butter and had two sage leaves on top. It was just greasy. The mixed green salad was just chopped lettuce leaves. One waiter put a bottle of wine vinegar on the table to dress the salad. A few minutes later another waiter came by with a bottle of olive oil and sprinkled it on the salad. Certainly not worth 4 euros. My rigatoni was quite good, however.

This place quickly filled with locals at lunch time. It became a noisy, lively place. The waiters were pleasant enough. We didn't have any cause to complain about the service.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Interesting to read the many and varied experiences at this place. I note several people had terrible experiences here.
That's a pity and needs to be taken into account.....not everyone is wrong all the time.
That said, we were a party of about 10 and all had a good experience here. Service was Ok but not outstanding, but I wouldn't find fault with it.
Everyone ordered different main course from parpadelle with meat sauce, to roast quaille and everyone enjoyed their meal.
Take it as you find it but we had a good lunch.

Date of visit: September 2018